PDA

View Full Version : tp part question HELP

paul
01-31-2004, 01:17 AM
first question has anyone had problems with idling do to a bad o2 sencor. dose it make the cars revs go up and down. any help in this area would be great.

Second question if codes do come up where would they be displayed

i posted this up on this forum because the most people would look at it. i need help ASAP:eek:

paul
01-31-2004, 01:38 AM
bump i need a reply fast
come on help a brother out:(

crazyvadim
02-02-2004, 11:42 PM
a bad O2 sensor will give u a check engine light??
I would suggest to whoever owns a BMW to have a scan tool in hand.

tiestoE36
02-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by paul
first question has anyone had problems with idling do to a bad o2 sencor. dose it make the cars revs go up and down. any help in this area would be great.

Second question if codes do come up where would they be displayed

i posted this up on this forum because the most people would look at it. i need help ASAP:eek:

i have two out of 4 o2 senstors busted, but i didnt really notice a idle difference. but i do have a idle problem, i think its the alternator, the idle gets worse as i power more things, like fog lights or power windows.

R_JAY
02-03-2004, 06:49 AM
When I had a bad O2 sensor all I got was the CEL. My friend had a bad ICV (idle control valve) and it made his revs go up and down like crazy. Mine is starting to go bad so the revs jump from time to time.

SickFinga
02-03-2004, 06:54 AM
bad mass airflow meter will make your revs to go up and down

paul
02-03-2004, 11:06 AM
how do you check engine codes on a 92 325i . The car revs but i don't et any check engine light. :confused:

Jon@Bimmersport
02-03-2004, 11:23 AM
u need a BMW scan tool..the code reader i think www.turnermotorsport.com or www.bavauto.com sells em

WASABI
02-03-2004, 01:02 PM
You can do the pedal test on yours to get the code. My brother's celica had the same syptoms and it was a dirty AFM.

edit: here's a link, although you mentioned you're not getting an engine light.

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/motronic.html