PDA

View Full Version : I got the bimmer back!

KaschmirBeige3
05-08-2002, 08:09 PM
hey guys, i just got my bimmer back from the body shop..as you all know, my car was a victim of a drunk driving side swipe. i took the car to the shop on monday and today it was ready by 5. they replaced front 1/4 panel, repainted bumper, fender and blended the paint on the front driver door,. also replaced front left clear turn signal. the body work is incredible, you can't even tell the car was side swiped... the car is looking as good as knew. Now tomorrow i have to wash, claybar, and zaino my car... oh the joy of having my bimmer back. these past few day's i've been driving around my parents 2000 Pathfinder and 2001 MB ML320. boy i gotta tell ya, driving those SUV's made me miss my E36 badly. but now its back...lol

Bobbyhttp://motorhead.net/CarPhoto/Images/020412081301316.jpg

SickFinga
05-08-2002, 10:42 PM
I heard that it is bad to the new paint to wash it.

KIRASIR
05-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Washing shouldn't hurt the paint but I would let the paint sit for 2-3 weeks before waxing and polishing it.
SL

Originally posted by SickFinga
I heard that it is bad to the new paint to wash it.

satan_srv
05-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
Washing shouldn't hurt the paint but I would let the paint sit for 2-3 weeks before waxing and polishing it.
SL

These are both myths because:

A) They wash cars right after they paint them.
B) Clear Coat completely seals in the paint.

Especially if he's using Zaino...the polish will 'seal' the paint and clear coat further which you want to do right away. Old paint needed to 'breathe', but the vast majority of cars get clearcoat which makes not washing or waxing ridiculous.

Zaino immediately! *th-up*

///Mr.T
05-09-2002, 12:58 AM
Congrats! Glad to know you got it back. Fast too! I was sitting in mine yesterday...:( :( :( Still runs well.... My advice to everybody these days is make sure you have collision and a good insurance company!