PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms???

bmwboy88
01-30-2004, 12:34 AM
How do you know when your car is having problems? What kind of symptoms does your car tell you before you know you have to take it to the mechanics to get it fix?

The cold weather with freezing temperature is not good for the car and it's putting stress on the engine and the componenets. Weird noises are more often. Just want to know what symptoms that I should watch out for before it leads to some serious problems?

I'm a first time BMW owner so I'm not too familiar with the symptoms. I hear rattling noises in the engine bay area but not sure if it's normal or not?

objec
01-30-2004, 03:12 PM
if its above 100k your valves might need to be ajusted, they will cause a rattle, but check for all connections make sure everything is tight, make sure all your fluids are good and you should not have any problems. if its start in the cold then its doing good. getting a dignostic fron the dealer is alwasy good, spend the 100 dollars, they will tell you evey thing wrong with the car, them you can gut fix the problems your self if you can.