PDA

View Full Version : Bye-bye 323......

Phazer
01-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Ahhh..well, we had fun togheter, I will miss the sweet growl of her inline 6 2.5l roar.....

I am going to buy a 2nd property, so going to be cash strapped for a while, thus needs to go to a cheaper car with lower insurance. Looks like I am going to go for a e36 318is. Reason being is that they are quite cheap, with relative low mileage (150k km) compared to any 6 cyclinder that's in the same price range with well over 220k km's on the clock.

So.....question is how do I get the 318is to go that bit faster than what it is at the moment. Heard that the 4 bangers handle better than the 6 cylinder due to the more even weight distribution....this true?

WhadUpp
01-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Sorry to hear that but then again property is good investment, you could make all your money back (renting it out) and then get an M3 or M5*th-up*

Phazer
01-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by WhadUpp
Sorry to hear that but then again property is good investment, you could make all your money back (renting it out) and then get an M3 or M5*th-up*

Yip that's the plan, when the property is bought, I am planning on renting it out immediantly, cause it's located quite close to a university, with lots of students looking for a place to stay.

Justin e36
01-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Same mods that you'd do to your sixer apply to the four. ECU being the first thing to swap. If you happen to rob a bank by accident, you can always supercharge later on... :)

I've heard the same thing in regards to left/right weight distribution. However both E36's should be 50/50 weight distribution, with the M3 being 51/49. (I could be wrong.. I'm just spitting back information I read elsewhere...)

How much do you figure you'll save with insurance?

Phazer
01-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Justin e36
Same mods that you'd do to your sixer apply to the four. ECU being the first thing to swap. If you happen to rob a bank by accident, you can always supercharge later on... :)

I've heard the same thing in regards to left/right weight distribution. However both E36's should be 50/50 weight distribution, with the M3 being 51/49. (I could be wrong.. I'm just spitting back information I read elsewhere...)

How much do you figure you'll save with insurance?

Insurance drops from R1500 to R800 (South African Rand), and the montly premium goes down by R1500, so all in all, I save around R2200 a month, which is quite abit.

BladeRunner
01-31-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Phazer
Yip that's the plan, when the property is bought, I am planning on renting it out immediantly, cause it's located quite close to a university, with lots of students looking for a place to stay.

Ah man don't rip the stuzs off they have loans to pay off, food to buy and possibly if the fill like paying for it car insurance/maintence. don't rip the stuzs off.

on to the point of this post there's a thread on max titled 'how can I make my 318 faster' or something similar. If you seend me 6gs I'll get the DASC and mail it to you. I'll keep 2-3gs for my hard work :).

Phazer
01-31-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BladeRunner
Ah man don't rip the stuzs off they have loans to pay off, food to buy and possibly if the fill like paying for it car insurance/maintence. don't rip the stuzs off.

on to the point of this post there's a thread on max titled 'how can I make my 318 faster' or something similar. If you seend me 6gs I'll get the DASC and mail it to you. I'll keep 2-3gs for my hard work :).

Hehehe..won't rip the students off, especially if the students is of the female specie ;)

DASC...nah, too much. This is the plans for the car

Dastek Unichip ECU
Cone filter in a cold airbox
Decent exchaust (bit weary that it might take low down torque away)
And a 50 shot of N20 provided by a NOS dry kit, for fun on highways.
40cm lowered Koenic springs (I will be able to take my springs from my 323 anf fit it on the 318is right?)
Upgraded swaybars
DIY short shifter out of a 328 or Z3
Clutch stop
20% lightended flywheel.

Some of these mods I will move from the 323 to the 318, some I have to buy like the NOS kit and ECU.

BladeRunner
02-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Yeah your right about the DASC thing, and maintence or setup would be a prob. hence your in a nother country or better yet continet [did i spell that correct].

I don't know, when my cat became hallowed i didn't notice any negative low down change in power; however i did notice a positive change in exhaust tone and top end power. it's nice to have a working cat, but i mis the sound and the smell of exhaust...