PDA

View Full Version : Need Information on BMW XI's.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
01-29-2004, 12:50 AM
My family is looking into gettng an XI (330xi, 325xi or 325xi touring) and I just wanted to know any experiences that people have had with them. We have a couple of audi's and the 4 wheel drive on them is amazing, im wondering if the bmw's are just as good? Is there any known issues or problems with these models?

if anybody can shed some light on this topic, I would really appreciate it. I'm going to test drive them within the next couple of days, just trying to do some homework on them first :).

E46
01-29-2004, 02:17 AM
you should test drive them while the snows still fresh

for a bmw.. they're amazing in the snow...

dtthiaga
01-29-2004, 02:29 PM
I had a loaner 2002 325xi for a week and that car was amazing in the snow. I had a chance to drive it a large snow storm and it performed beautifully. It didn't even have snow tires, and it was great.

I donít remember, but does the Xiís put power to all 4 wheels or is it more RWD, and if slippage occurs, it transfers some power to the front?

The Audiís are AWD with 60% of the power going to the rear wheels. Those cars are really good in the snow as well.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
01-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by dtthiaga
I had a loaner 2002 325xi for a week and that car was amazing in the snow. I had a chance to drive it a large snow storm and it performed beautifully. It didn't even have snow tires, and it was great.

I donít remember, but does the Xiís put power to all 4 wheels or is it more RWD, and if slippage occurs, it transfers some power to the front?

The Audiís are AWD with 60% of the power going to the rear wheels. Those cars are really good in the snow as well.

the xi's are like the audi's, 38%-front 62%-rear torque split. so they are pretty similar, just wondering if they perform the same though.

sonny
01-29-2004, 08:10 PM
BMW XI's are amazing. My cousin has a 325xi and it just rips through the snow! I drove it to experience it for myself.