PDA

View Full Version : Crossed Drilled rotors question

nseverin
01-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Do any of you who have crossed drilled rotors on your car, with the OEM pads and calipers:

1. achieve the same stopping force
2. pad wearing prematurely issues
3. rotors breaking or cracking

and which rotor is the best to go with. I was thinking maybe Brembo?

Help.

Its just for looks, and yes I do know their real purpose.

Thanx.

98323IS
01-28-2004, 02:10 PM
I have Brembo cross drilled rotors and Hawk HP Plus pads. Stopping power was greatly increased. I don't know what it would be like with stock rotors but I cannot stand the stock pads break dust. It is without a doubt the worst I have ever seen!

1BADBMR
01-28-2004, 02:27 PM
I have Brembro rotors paired up with some carbon metallic pads.
There is a definite increase in stopping power. Prolly cause they are crossed drilled*angel*
The only negative thing I have to say about putting on crossed drilled rotors are under hard braking the noise will get louder.
I think brake pad wear will prolly be the same, if not more. All depending on your driving

nseverin
01-28-2004, 04:07 PM
do those HP Plus pads wear quick and are they noisy, and what model car are u using it on?
Thanks
need places to buy these pads too.

Cosmic 325i
01-28-2004, 07:15 PM
i have the brembo cross drilled wwith PBR pads. braking is a lot better but the bads squeal a bit during slow stops, but apparently it should go away.

WhadUpp
01-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Cosmic 325i
i have the brembo cross drilled wwith PBR pads. braking is a lot better but the bads squeal a bit during slow stops, but apparently it should go away.

Same here , got that exact combo and they work well also for me*th-up*

jmalixi
01-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Cosmic 325i

PBR MetalMasters? Where did you get the Brembo cross drilled rotors? I thought Brembo doesn't sell drilled rotors except for their big brake kits.

I'm doing research on this right now and I'm thinking Zimmerman cross drilled rotors with PBR Metal Masters or Axxis Deluxe Plus. I hear conflicting things but I'll probbaly end up with Zimmermans and Axxis.

WhadUpp
01-28-2004, 07:54 PM
If you live around the Toronto ans surrounding area then you could check out Elite near the Markham area off Midland st. north of Finch Rd.*th-up*

nseverin
01-28-2004, 07:57 PM
whats the address cause i'm right across the street

WhadUpp
01-28-2004, 08:15 PM
In don't have the address on me but it's between Steeles and Finch on the west side but it is hidden cus it's along a laneway but there is a sign along Midland with it's name. It's in the back of Fantasy chinese restauraunt on the northside.

Alex

nseverin
01-28-2004, 08:32 PM
cool i know where it is.
it faces fantasy across the parking lot.

nseverin
01-28-2004, 08:37 PM
i always do my own brake jobs on my 323i. how much am i looking at for the pbr pads for this application?

1Low325IS
01-28-2004, 09:01 PM
lol i also have the brembo cross drilled rotors with PBR australian pads and stopin has increases A HELLA LOT, my opinion definittly worth the $

SickFinga
01-28-2004, 10:34 PM
cross drilled rotors wont make your car stop any faster

WASABI
01-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by jmalixi
I'm doing research on this right now and I'm thinking Zimmerman cross drilled rotors with PBR Metal Masters or Axxis Deluxe Plus. I hear conflicting things but I'll probbaly end up with Zimmermans and Axxis.
PBR and AXXIS are the same. PBR deluxe pads are exactly the same as the AXXIS. I had them, they're great if you hate the dust, but they compromise stopping power. *thmbsdwn* I took them off after a week and got the Metalmasters.

jmalixi
01-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by WASABI
PBR and AXXIS are the same. PBR deluxe pads are exactly the same as the AXXIS. I had them, they're great if you hate the dust, but they compromise stopping power. *thmbsdwn* I took them off after a week and got the Metalmasters.

Thanks for sharing your experience. BTW, are you talking about the Deluxe Plus or just the Deluxe? These are two different pads made by Axxis/PBR. David Zeckhausen gives the Deluxe Plus the thumbs up and says they're OEM-like in performance and he's quite a respected brake expert. Metalmasters are also highly recommended.

WhadUpp
01-29-2004, 12:40 AM
PBR metalmasters are very good with the Brembo rotors

BladeRunner
01-29-2004, 02:26 AM
I realize this thread is about cross drilled rotors but what about slotted rotors. Everyone talks about cross drilled rotors...so what's the dilly with slotted rotors.

I've heard of cross drilled rotors breaking and cracking...

WASABI
01-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by jmalixi
Thanks for sharing your experience. BTW, are you talking about the Deluxe Plus or just the Deluxe? These are two different pads made by Axxis/PBR. David Zeckhausen gives the Deluxe Plus the thumbs up and says they're OEM-like in performance and he's quite a respected brake expert. Metalmasters are also highly recommended.
I'm pretty sure they were the Deluxe Plus. When I looked closely at the material, they seemed like compacted paper. :confused: I guess that's why they're so easy on rotors. Btw, if you're shopping around for prices, check out National auto parts (not NAPA), sorry I don't have their number, they're in the yellow pages under automotive parts in mississauga (Cawthra/Queensway area). I got the PBR Metal masters, front and rear, for under $100.*th-up*