PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here driven the new MINI?

Mystikal
01-27-2004, 11:53 PM
We have one in the garage for the next little while, a Cooper 5-speed, loaded. This car is insanely fun to drive, all of the controls feel so direct and precise, I haven't felt anything this close to an E30.

Plus, you can pitch it sideways and drift an entire curve without leaving your lane. :D

I want one.

FastM3
01-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Ya I drove them and damn it's so fun!

Do donuts in one, it's hilarious! :D

Lennon
01-28-2004, 12:06 AM
If you think thats insanely fun, you'd love the Cooper S man, nice little 6 speed, now THATS fun, but again, the one you have is great too, but seriously try out the S. Its great man, have fun while you can!

Mystikal
01-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Pasta
Do donuts in one, it's hilarious! :D

Reverse donuts are a whole new thing in a car that short. :eek:

HIM
01-28-2004, 12:14 AM
I test drove one a while back, pretty fun though its hard to get used to the intrument clusters since the speedo is in the center. By the way, are Cooper S's actually fast?? I read in a magazine that the cooper may be small but its heavier than the Toyota Celica...

Mystikal
01-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Lennon
If you think thats insanely fun, you'd love the Cooper S man, nice little 6 speed, now THATS fun, but again, the one you have is great too, but seriously try out the S. Its great man, have fun while you can!

I'm not sure. To me, the base model at $22k is the perfect Mini. They should be simple and fun, and the base model achieves that. I don't feel I need the extra acceleration either, this thing is pretty damn quick.

Mystikal
01-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by HIM
I test drove one a while back, pretty fun though its hard to get used to the intrument clusters since the speedo is in the center. By the way, are Cooper S's actually fast?? I read in a magazine that the cooper may be small but its heavier than the Toyota Celica...

I can't say I ever looked at the speedometer when I drove it last night. I love how the tach is right in your face, that's all you really want to know. *th-up*

The S does 0-60 in just under 7 and will do low 15's in the 1/4. Definitely quick.

Eurostyle
01-28-2004, 01:16 AM
My cousin has one and i drove it when i was in europe this summer, nice fun car! Couldnt do anything crazy in it because she would have killed me!!!

M3ntal Kev
01-28-2004, 02:59 AM
Yup.

SpoolinS6
01-28-2004, 03:01 AM
damn kevin ^^^^ gave me a ride in his
i was totaly fuken speechless
like damn pure confort and all
thanxs again for the ride man !

FastM3
01-28-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Lennon

o definitely the S's are amazing! Doing donuts in those is the best! So easy to do it yet so fun because it's a damn MINI! :D

TiemenT
01-28-2004, 04:50 PM
I drove it, it is really a good car !

BladeRunner
01-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Yeah those MINIs are quick and fast. I frequently see them fly by me on the HWY (and don't blame that on me driving a 318i :) ) they're very carty. A while ago I say an E46 and a MINI going at it on the HWY, damn wheres a camera when you need one. Anyway I don't know if the E46 was pushing it but the MINI was hanging. I wasn't able to see the end result because they were already doing like 80 or 90 in 55mph zone. Nonetheless, 20mph over in Georgia, US = no license for a while.

I use to love them but just like the new G35 and 350z everyone has one and being like everyone is no fun which one reason why I drive a 1984 e30 318i.