PDA

View Full Version : Considering interior color change

johnoz
01-26-2004, 01:59 PM
And here is what I am thinking.
The door covers, kick panels, rear side panels(all these are either plastic or not leather) will be dyed to black to that magic dye $10 a can.

The seats will be dyed to this color below. My current ones are almost fading tan and I am thinking using black leatherique in the long run will not look good(missed areas, stich areas etc). So this color is kinda heavy/unique and also not a radical change from the original.

Carpets will stay as 'tan'.

What do you think? It is going to be a semi two tone set-up interior.

C ///M
01-28-2004, 03:52 AM
Ehh...I don't know. It may work to your liking. Seems shady. I did a complete color change from tan cloth to black leather. I used M3 front and rear seats, black carpeting from a '90 325i, black front and rear door panels also from '90 325i, black rear shelf from same car, and I dyed my tan headliner. My front speaker kick panels were already black.

Skunk#1
01-30-2004, 02:06 AM
i want to change from red on my car, to black or grey. if it works post before and after pics, thought about going that route.

Jase
01-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Most dyes are actually paint that will crack over the course of a year. Make sure you buy a good product. The door that re"not leather" are vinyl that have foam behind them. The need a dye that is flexible or it will crack.