PDA

View Full Version : Low Heat

Kerry_BMW
01-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem that's got me stumped. A few days ago my heater decided it doesn't want to pump out as much heat as usual. The car gets to normal operation temp at the normal rate, and holds it, so I'm pretty sure it's no the thermostat. Usually when I have the temp slider on max I have to turn it down right away because it's way too hot, but now it's just blowing warm air, not hot air. btw, my car is a '98 318is.

What could the problem be? I don't really think it's the microfilter, because it still blows air, just not hot air. Also it doesn't matter if I set the temp slider all the way on hot and then the climate control to 32C it's still not as hot as usual.

BladeRunner
01-26-2004, 07:18 PM
^^

thinair
01-26-2004, 07:54 PM
Your heater core could have a blockage, not allowing enough hot coolant to get through it. That's my best guess.

NickP
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
What's your temp gauge reading: Is it normal or is it reading lower...

Jammasterj
01-27-2004, 05:42 AM
may be the heater core that is going...
have it checked out by your friendly local bmw dealer :)

BladeRunner
01-27-2004, 11:20 PM
My heater doesn't doesn't release much heat either. I figure its a valve, plug, leak or blockage somewhere. So until I get a vacation to get dirty in elbow grease I've just been driving spiritedly to get sudden bursts of heat.