PDA

View Full Version : Bangle is IS on his way out!!! WooHoo, here's an article!

AMG_POWER
01-23-2004, 01:56 AM
let me hear aliluYYYYYYAaaaaaaah!lol

http://members.roadfly.org/jason2/aebangle.jpg

Quack
01-23-2004, 02:02 AM
hope he gets stuck with Lada or something

WhadUpp
01-23-2004, 02:04 AM
Yeah, that is great news*th-up*

BMW_7
01-23-2004, 02:17 AM
I really can't wait for a more conservative facelift for the 7 series. The back is just shit!

I could live with the X3, the X5 and the 5. The 1-series better stay to its root and stay away from FI or being FWD or heavy.

The shift in the 3-series coupe to be a 4-series just pisses me off. The M3 was the symbol seen on the flagship 3's for 3 generations. Why does the 3 have to be changed??

I know it seems logical, because of the previous 6-series and the 8-series. But it still pisses me off...

I'm glad Bangle is gone. Bangle is an example why BMW needs to be run only by Europeans... to stay european *wiggle*

bmwm5lover
01-23-2004, 02:20 AM
i like what he did..

WhadUpp
01-23-2004, 02:21 AM
I say Bangle-BeGone for good and bring back some European flavor and style. Look at Audi, they got the right idea when it comes to styling.*th-up*

mkgino
01-23-2004, 02:29 AM
c ya

AMG_POWER
01-23-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by BMW_7
I really can't wait for a more conservative facelift for the 7 series. The back is just shit!

Well i doubt they will completely change rear and front....dunno what i'd change is front grills of the 7 aaaaaaanddddd ummm fron lights a bit....other wise i dont see nothing wrong how it looks...

Simby
01-23-2004, 03:37 AM
I like his designs except for the rear of the 7 series.

duffy325
01-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Its like what everyone says, his designs grow on you. He has said in many interviews that when he designs a car, he thinks 7, 14, and 21 years in advance, and what people would like then and how a car he can make now, will still be desirable then.

And isnt that really what BMW's design philosophy has always been about? My car is 10 years old this year, and IMO it is a timeless car. The E30 is still amazing today as well as any car BMW has ever put out (essentially).

I think Bangle's styling is difficult to take at first but each time you see it you like it a little more. Lastly, I think he was aligned with BMW's standards and plans for the future and implemented them in the best way he could.

M3ti Compact
01-23-2004, 04:26 AM
^^^

I agree. Bangles designs are very ahead of it's time. When the Z4 came out, I thought it looked bad. Now, it actually looks very sporty and cool.

The new 5 and 6 looks sooo cool...it looks funny on it's own, but on the road, it takes so much attention which is cool.

The 745i looks sorta wierd...but go up to the 760Li and the car's looks and proportions look amazing.

BMW_7
01-23-2004, 04:29 AM
I agree, but he is too extremist. His designs look too American. I would say that honestly I would still like to see BMWs come out with orange corners, body mouldings, (why didn't the 5 and the 7 have them??) and simple things like that that give BMW a European flavour..

The E39 or the E36 and even the E46 gave that same impression when it first came out, it was just a evolution of the BMW design and carried over almost all of the major design cues seen in the predecessor. I clearly remember how those cars looked when they came out and none of them came close to giving the same reaction that Bangle's designs did....

AMG_POWER
01-23-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by M3ti Compact

The 745i looks sorta wierd...but go up to the 760Li and the car's looks and proportions look amazing.

:confused:

they are exactly the same....760 has 12 cylynders that's about it.... so i dotn see how 760 looks more amazing than a regular 745 lol:confused: :D

tlaselva
01-23-2004, 04:54 AM
I've been following BMW for 20 years now. Remember driving my first BMW, it was a E30 325i, and realized very quickly there was something special about BMW's.
Of all these years, and many new models, I have never seen the controversy that I've experienced now with these new models that Bangle's conjured up from somewhere in his deep, disturbed subconscious.

BMW can not sit blindly and ignore all this controversy.
There is just too much money at stake.

Bangle, thanks for coming out with a whole line of BMW's I'll never want. :mad:
Bangle, thanks for designing cars that many people will gag at, instead of envy. :mad:
Bangle, good riddance! :moon:

Mitch555
01-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Does anybody know who designed the E30 and the E36?

FastM3
01-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Mitch555

I'm not sure about the E30's but Bangle did start in '92, so everything from then till now he has been a part of, you have to give him credit.

M3ti Compact
01-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by AMG_POWER
:confused:

they are exactly the same....760 has 12 cylynders that's about it.... so i dotn see how 760 looks more amazing than a regular 745 lol:confused: :D

the 745i's wheelbase is 2990mm and overall its 5029mms.

the 760Li's wheelbase is 3130mms and overall 5169mms.

The 745i looks small...doesn't fit the size of a "7". But the 760Li looks huge...it sticks out of a parking space too, and fits the size of a "7".

FastM3
01-23-2004, 02:18 PM
a 760 is more amazing then a reg 745 or 745Li....

The features are way better of course and the interior is sick (suede roof lining for example)

Miguel
01-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Bangle, thanks for designing cars that many people will gag at, instead of envy. :mad:

Bangle, thanks for coming out with a whole line of BMW's I'll never want. --> you own a 2003 X5?!?

thanks for designing cars that many people will gag at, instead of envy--> wait till the new M5 comes out!

I think Bangle would've been better if the BMW CEO's let him do what he wanted. I think the X5 would look AMAZING with the new 5-series headlights, and who remembers the ORIGINAL Z4 concept drawings??? looks much better than what actually came out*thmbsdwn*

97 Z3 2.8
01-23-2004, 07:11 PM
If you consider his creations of late, good riddance.
But he was a contributng factor in the E39, E46, 95 to 00 7 series and the Z3, so he wasn't all bad, his time has just passed, his idea's are not what they used to be- that's all.

If any of the big three had a designer like him 15 years ago the vehicle landscape could be a little different today- instaed of the catch up game they're currently playing.

Bill

bmwm5lover
01-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
I've been following BMW for 20 years now. Remember driving my first BMW, it was a E30 325i, and realized very quickly there was something special about BMW's.
Of all these years, and many new models, I have never seen the controversy that I've experienced now with these new models that Bangle's conjured up from somewhere in his deep, disturbed subconscious.

BMW can not sit blindly and ignore all this controversy.
There is just too much money at stake.

you own a X5... somethign he has designed, and u also used to own an e46, same idea. Im sorry, but if you think that the new 3er,5er,6er,7er are ugly , you need some new eye specs. they are absolutely gorgeous.... Personally i think that newer vettes are ugly, but thats a whole diferent issue on its own...
As far as the gag/envy, i havent spoken to a person yet, who has told me they find either of the new BMW's repulsive in anyway.

SpoolinS6
01-23-2004, 08:24 PM
LATER ****ER !!!
!!!

Soldo
01-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Mitch555
GOD's created these machines my friend, GOD'S!

As for the good news, I couldn't be more happier, of course, it still sucks, cause its not like BMW is going to go back to looking GOOD, the lineup will still look like SHIYAT and the fact that hes converted the ENTIRE lineup, added in more pieces of crap, and THEN decides to resign...................

Remember those rumours of Bangle being a robotic spy for mercedes to destroy BMW............:confused: something fishy going on here!

I mean this from the bottom of my heart when i say this:

BANGLE..............FAK YOU!
:moon:

Unknown
01-24-2004, 03:16 AM
Whats the problem here? Bangle did a good job. BMW can't look the same throught all of history with a few facelifts here and there... X5 = sweet for an SUV, Z4 = gorgeous, new 5 = sweet, 7 = just plain awesome...

Better to be remembered for something "bad" than nothing at all I say.

FastM3
01-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Unknown
Whats the problem here? Bangle did a good job. BMW can't look the same throught all of history with a few facelifts here and there... X5 = sweet for an SUV, Z4 = gorgeous, new 5 = sweet, 7 = just plain awesome...

Better to be remembered for something "bad" than nothing at all I say.

Everyone has their own preferance...me and you enjoy the new designs and some hate it. Whatever! Either way I don't think everyone should hate on Bangle, it's not 100% his fault...only 50% :D

WoLF
01-25-2004, 06:26 AM
goodbye bangle, screw you.

johnoz
01-25-2004, 07:17 AM
I think Bangle is the only BMW designer whose name is known by almost everyone in the BMW community.

I mean how many of us bothered knowing the name of the person who revoultionized BMW by coming up with the e36 designs? Especially those side skirts?

kevc
01-30-2004, 05:58 PM
he's not on his way OUT, he's on his way UP

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=04542778

WhadUpp
01-30-2004, 06:09 PM
It's impossible to get rid of him, sounds like everyday reality, the more you **** up at work the more you get promoted LOL

johnoz
01-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by kevc
he's not on his way OUT, he's on his way UP

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=04542778

Whaa.. Who did he sleep with, that is the question I keep asking myself.

punnzzells
01-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BMW_7

I could live with the X3, the X5 and the 5. The 1-series better stay to its root and stay away from FI or being FWD or heavy.

The shift in the 3-series coupe to be a 4-series just pisses me off. The M3 was the symbol seen on the flagship 3's for 3 generations. Why does the 3 have to be changed??

I know it seems logical, because of the previous 6-series and the 8-series. But it still pisses me off...

I'm glad Bangle is gone. Bangle is an example why BMW needs to be run only by Europeans... to stay european *wiggle*

The 1 series is supposed to be the modern day version of the 2002.... not F1 based... you ar thinking of the M1... it will not be close to the M1... i hear it is going to be BMw's FIRST front wheel drive car too... *uzi*

Mike.

punnzzells
01-30-2004, 06:34 PM
forgot to mention that i think Bangle should go to Mercedes for a decade!!!

Mike.

johnoz
01-30-2004, 06:45 PM
i hear it is going to be BMw's FIRST front wheel drive car too...

Are you sure that they will be front wheel drive?

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=04433375

CEO Helmut Panke said the 1 Series will be nearly identical in size to the 2002 - the predecessor to the 3 Series.

"It will pick up where the 2002 started 35 years ago," he said. "It won't be cheap and will be the only rear-drive car of its size."