PDA

View Full Version : Stay Away From Green Bay Tire!!!!!

skunk killer
01-20-2004, 11:27 PM
http://forums.c7performance.com/viewtopic.php?t=5271

http://home.pchome.com.tw/hot/boiboi27/greenbaytire.jpg

crazyvadim
01-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Damn man,glad your ok...it could of turned out much worser.
It must of been those entry level careless mechanics who cant get shit done right and they wanna be in the field.....i had a few of those kind apply for jobs at my shops*mumble*

M50E30
01-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Here ya go! *th-up* Keep us posted on how things turned out.

Better Business Bureau of South Central Ontario

100 King Street East
Hamilton, Ontario
L8N 1A8

Telephone: (905) 526 -1111 (10:00am - 4pm EST)
Fax: (905) 526-1225

e-Mail: info@thebbb.ca

Online Reports: www.thebbb.ca/bbbrreport.php
File a Complaint Online: www.thebbb.ca/complain.html

Gamite
01-20-2004, 11:41 PM
whoa, I've gotten something done there before..

BMW_7
01-20-2004, 11:42 PM
What do expect, there's chinese lettering on the awning *shiner*

Gamite
01-20-2004, 11:47 PM
k, lets not be racist now.

BMW_7
01-20-2004, 11:54 PM
k...

skunk killer
01-20-2004, 11:55 PM
thanks guys ~ fortunately i m fine but not my car:(

the idiot mofo did mine LIED and BS me that it could've been the snow that loosen the nuts!!!*no-no*
here's what's damaged

suspension arm
caliper/disc
nuts
rims/tires(inner)
alignment
front body kit
wheel wall

now they only willing to pay for the alignment !!!
I had CAA back me up for the proof of NOT-TIGHTEN the nuts at all. And tape recording every single step they tried to LIE and GET AWAY from this!!!
I am filing a complain to BBB,Toronto Stars, Ministry of Consumer and Business Services. STAY AWAY EVERYONE!!!they are bounch of very sneaky rats!!!

Skunk#1
01-21-2004, 12:57 AM
that sucks man. last time i bought tires i told them not to even use air tools on my car. i had to just walk in their shop when the kid started to use them. they then tried to kick me out, but said they never have had problems. so i let them, and when it was done i got my torque wrench out of the trunk and told the manager to tighten my wheels to the specified torque. you guessed it, not a single one was close, they were all off by 25 lb/ft. the manager then gave me my money back for the labor, and also gift card worth 150$. the kid i think was fired, but thats how it is. take them to court, and sue the fu** out of them.

p.s. are you going to kill me, cause i am still number 1
j/k

Skunk#1
01-21-2004, 12:57 AM
damn......

skunk killer
01-21-2004, 01:57 AM
no shit man~ they hire uneducated kids to do those tire job and almost got me killed !!! who's next ? somebody really needs to shut down that shop immediately b4 more victims are killed !!

Skunk #1 I'll be hunting you first! j/k :D *wave* is there #2 ?

Mitch555
01-21-2004, 02:42 AM
How long after you left the shop did this occur?

NorthRyder
01-21-2004, 02:46 AM
holy shyt thats right by my co op!!!! i went in there one day to brows*smoke* . it looked like the worst shop eva. i hope they close down cuz i didnt like those guys at all. and if they move out then there will be a spot for maybe a nice shop who knows. well thats my 2.5 cents.

BTW skunk those are some nice chrystals on that plant. lol is it yours??

SickFinga
01-21-2004, 03:21 AM
BMW_7, you are an idiot.

mkgino
01-21-2004, 03:31 AM
mods, I recommend that we have a sticky thread or something where we can list all of the bad shops around the GTA, that way members can stay away from these places. Just a suggestion.......

///m powered
01-21-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by BMW_7
What do expect, there's chinese lettering on the awning *shiner* :huh?:

Jase
01-21-2004, 03:51 AM
let not bring race into this *no-no* Max is diverse and you WILL offend someone.*thmbsdwn*

Ryousuke
01-21-2004, 04:16 AM
Take them to small claims court... get CAA prove everything for you and get your friends to come along with you for proof how they treated you, show them the tape and stuff like that... they should be shitting their pants after that.

Quack
01-21-2004, 04:24 AM
man I didn't know that someone can screw up that bad on putting wheels on a car especially at a tire shop, except for their bad service the shop give pretty good prices on tires, many shops in that area all pick up tires from them since they distrubute the north eastend.

DunDan
01-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Same thing happened to me when I got new rubber. I would just recommend everyone to check the tightness of the nuts before you leave your tire shop. My car almost fell on the ground on the way to Wendy's because the nuts were backing out.

BTW: it was not the same place.

Slowered318
01-21-2004, 04:22 PM
I always check my nutz before i go out..

djcontra
01-21-2004, 04:59 PM
I'd probably go around back and loosen all their ****en' nutz...and STILL sue them afterwards :D

HIM
01-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
whoa, I've gotten something done there before..

Me too.. but this winter I got mine done somewhere else. They were once of the only places that had 17 inch steelies and they were cheaper than bmw even before taxes on the bmw pair.

Anyways, glad your ok, this advice will be used well cause I live like.. 5 mins from there and would of gotten the wheels on there this year if I didn't have to fix something on the car

skunk killer
01-21-2004, 05:43 PM
This happened right after 30~40 min. I left the shop. I called them immediately see if there's any luck that they r still open.(They close right after I left) Fortunately the owner picked the phone and willing to wait for 10 min.!! I got there 15 min. late driving the fastest/safest(40km/h) I could. HE LEFT!!!! I then called CAA road side service for help cuz I have no clue what's going wrong with my tires. The guy came over and took a look at the tire, popped out the nuts cap. HOLY !! me, my gf, my friends, CAA guy saw 5 LOOSEN nuts hanging there!!! The CAA guy told me I was lucky not having myself killed driving like this !! And the day I went back again the owner bullshit me that he waited for 30 min.!!! I got ALL that on tape if anyone 's intersted!(it's in Cantonese)
Ya ! I gotta agree they sell tires for very cheap price, I got 2 sets of Pirelli from them and NEVER had any problem with them until this time !! The most important is how they treated their old customers when shit happened!!!

Skunk#1
01-21-2004, 09:19 PM
everyone needs to carry a torque wrench, even if its a cheap one in the tool kit. i have always had bad expiriences when other people besides me work on my car, truck, bicycle. that s the lesson. btw northryder those were but i dont do that anymore, too risky.

bmwboy88
01-21-2004, 09:22 PM
I heard the same thing about that place!
These type of shops always runs away when they know they did a crap ass job.

DAM
01-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Happy to see you are alright, thanks for the heads up