PDA

View Full Version : JAMEX shocks, springs etc ???

kinetic
01-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone here has used jamex springs or shocks before ? and if so what are they like, im also still trying to find out who makes there shocks for them :confused:

Albertae30
01-19-2004, 07:19 PM
i started a thread liek this not to long ago they all said they are crap altho i wouldn't mind giving them a try cause i have heard they drop a e30 quite a bit but i am not sure where to get them or even what shocks to run with them??

AndreNY
01-19-2004, 11:59 PM
i had them in my car very very soft, you will def bottom out, and most likley hit something i had the spring/shock comno they ride sooooooooooooooo good, but on bumps and dips i would hit sooooo bad

Miguel
01-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by AndreNY
i had them in my car very very soft, you will def bottom out, and most likley hit something i had the spring/shock comno they ride sooooooooooooooo good, but on bumps and dips i would hit sooooo bad

If you are worried about bottoming out I recommend the FK springs. Ive had them on my car for a while andI have yet to bottom out, however... they are STIFF. you do end up compromising your rideability comfort

AndreNY
01-20-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Miguel
If you are worried about bottoming out I recommend the FK springs. Ive had them on my car for a while andI have yet to bottom out, however... they are STIFF. you do end up compromising your rideability comfort

well that was when i ahd that combo now i have Bilstien Sports with Ground Control's and its a stiff as shit, it's kinda bouncy, but all coil-overs are, but there is no tmore bottoming out that's for sure

Albertae30
01-20-2004, 05:46 AM
i am looking fror a cheap shock/ spring combo with alot of lowering due to my car rides quite high and i only have 16" wheels. altho i am going with eurostyles m3 e30 kit as well so it cant be sickly low but i will say about as low as andres ride would be nice. yet i don't have much money so keep that in mind. in just looking for some honest answers with price and quality.

notmpowered
01-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Andres car is dropped probably close to 3 inches. Most aftermarket kits will go like 1.5- 2.0 My car with the fks and no spring pads is about the same perhaps a little higher. Anyway driving like that sucks but damn it looks cool. The eurostyle kit will be broken off in a couple days if you go that low. M tech 2(andres) doesnt sit as low.

AndreNY
01-21-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by notmpowered
Andres car is dropped probably close to 3 inches. Most aftermarket kits will go like 1.5- 2.0 My car with the fks and no spring pads is about the same perhaps a little higher. Anyway driving like that sucks but damn it looks cool. The eurostyle kit will be broken off in a couple days if you go that low. M tech 2(andres) doesnt sit as low.

im happy with how low my car sits, and the m-tech bumper is not that low compared to the eurosyle or the rieger, which would be like 1" off the floor. if any of you guys do get Jamex Springs make sure you either use Bilstein or Koni shocks

Albertae30
01-21-2004, 06:00 AM
but the thing is i would buy jamex springs if i could find a place to buy them or i found some spax springs that lower the car 2.5 front and back and i mean i have spax right now and im quite happy with them. altho they are off of nopionline.com and i am kinda scared ordering from them has any one does this?? by the way how much will bilsteins cost me?

AndreNY
01-22-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Albertae30
but the thing is i would buy jamex springs if i could find a place to buy them or i found some spax springs that lower the car 2.5 front and back and i mean i have spax right now and im quite happy with them. altho they are off of nopionline.com and i am kinda scared ordering from them has any one does this?? by the way how much will bilsteins cost me?

nopi is a good site if you order u will def get them.

do not go with spaxx, you will be bottom out no mater what shocks u got, the springs are garbage. Jamex is a company that went out of business 3 years ago, i belive eibach bought them. so you will only find used springs if anything. i sold my set to a guy in Iowa for $100

Albertae30
01-22-2004, 02:15 AM
hmm i have spax right now and i don't bottom out but the 2.5s could be different