PDA

View Full Version : E39 540iA FAILURE: ABS and ASC lights

mz3bo
01-19-2004, 02:19 PM
This happened yesterday night. I was braking to stop at a sign on some snow, as every body does normally. As soon as I released the brake pedal and hit the accelerator normally, i notice that the ASC and ABS light lit on in the dash. Since that time, no more ABS or traction control.

Anyone know what's happening with the car. Car is a 1997 Canadian E39 540ia with 150 000Km.

Thanks

SickFinga
01-19-2004, 05:49 PM
hmmm check your ABS and ASC relay
also it could be a speed sensors.
hook it up to a computer it will tell you what is the problem eactl

crazyvadim
01-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Its usually the sensors,had this problem numerous times.

M3ti Compact
01-20-2004, 01:15 PM
ABS and ACS off?? FUN TIME!

Actually...i'm a believer in ABS...so...blah, anyways, FUN TIME!

I remember the BMW driver training course, all the student cars were fitted with a fun switch where it kills the ACS and ABS.

crazyvadim
01-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by M3ti Compact
ABS and ACS off?? FUN TIME!

Actually...i'm a believer in ABS...so...blah, anyways, FUN TIME!

I remember the BMW driver training course, all the student cars were fitted with a fun switch where it kills the ACS and ABS.

Why would you wanna kill ABS?? thats a NO NO for me
I never believed in traction control but ABS is great,i lost count of how many times ABS saved me*th-up*

M3ti Compact
01-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by crazyvadim
Why would you wanna kill ABS?? thats a NO NO for me
I never believed in traction control but ABS is great,i lost count of how many times ABS saved me*th-up*

yeaaah...that's what I said...

I believe in ABS too...

blackshark
01-21-2004, 05:27 AM
could be cool temperatures try disconnecting the battery and do hard reset it will help if not then start replacing things

C B A
01-30-2004, 06:06 PM
have the the ABS scanned.. your abs and asc are connected as one since the car needs to apply the brakes when the asc lights up..

more times than not its a wss... see how that goes