PDA

View Full Version : Painted Mouldings


SUPERCHARGED
01-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Will a red E36 look good with painted M mouldings or Black.

BiBimBap
01-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Heh.. i think your poll should be RED or BLACK - not YES or NO...

But i would leave the black moldings as it is.. looks awesome on your ride!

bart320i
01-20-2004, 03:21 PM
leave em black

mkgino
01-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Painted mouldings are sex. I did mine on my black car, with my handles also

koncise
01-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
Painted mouldings are sex. I did mine on my black car, with my handles also

werent they black before you painted them too? :P

black is black :)

Mitch555
01-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by koncise
black is black :)


They look much better painted black rather than the plastic black look! Trust me! *th-up*

SickFinga
01-20-2004, 10:44 PM
I got painted molding and door handles.
and i still dodnt know which looks better. black or painted

i got artic silver though

Mitch555
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
I got painted molding and door handles.
and i still dodnt know which looks better. black or painted

i got artic silver though

On your car either one will look good.

mkgino
01-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Man, painted mouldings is da bomb! Look at how much it cleans up a cars look. Especially with the ///M mouldings

Here is stylin's sexmobile. How could you look at this picture and NOT want to paint your mouldings after??

http://www.stylin-online.com/images/outside1.jpg

///MsAniTy
01-21-2004, 12:00 AM
i saw shave em off n make it look smooth and especially if yr gonan put a kit on the car

Mitch555
01-21-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by ///MsAniTy
i saw shave em off n make it look smooth and especially if yr gonan put a kit on the car

:puke:

R_JAY
01-21-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
Man, painted mouldings is da bomb! Look at how much it cleans up a cars look. Especially with the ///M mouldings

Here is stylin's sexmobile. How could you look at this picture and NOT want to paint your mouldings after??

http://www.stylin-online.com/images/outside1.jpg MMMM MVR's

Quack
01-21-2004, 05:24 AM
I say paint them, I like that smooth clean look, my car is all black, shadow line trim with painted black M5 grill

SpoolinS6
01-21-2004, 05:29 AM
paint them
go for it it will look titties !

mpower1226
01-21-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Mitch555
:puke:

what are you talking about! shaved molding looks cool!! :D

Slowered318
01-21-2004, 06:16 AM
You have to do it all.. or nothing

BiBimBap
01-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Kinda off thread - but doesn't the paint flake off the moldings? Or are the moldings plastic and not the OEM rubber for painting?

Mitch555
01-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by BiBimBap
Kinda off thread - but doesn't the paint flake off the moldings? Or are the moldings plastic and not the OEM rubber for painting?

You have to wet sand the mouldings. Then it will be O.K. to paint over them and they should not chip or flake.

suicide
01-22-2004, 06:28 PM
SHAVED ALL THE WAY

Mitch555
01-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by suicide
SHAVED ALL THE WAY

It all matters what kit, rims, paint colour, blah blah blah you have done to the car for the shaved look to look alright.

You can't just shave any E36 sides and except them to look good.

///MsAniTy
01-22-2004, 10:50 PM
well he posted before he w3as interested in a reiger kit so iwht a reiger kit i think it would look pimpin.