Gamite
01-18-2004, 02:55 AM
why, isnt that Chris Bangle?

http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/xl/100_0419.jpg

Maybe he ran outa ideas.

http://www.dealerrater.com/gallery/xl/100_0421.jpg

johnoz
01-18-2004, 03:01 AM
I hope he is not thinking of working for DC!

AMG_POWER
01-18-2004, 03:02 AM
he's a trader....:D

Gamite
01-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by AMG_POWER
he's a trader....:D

traitor (I knew u'd be one of the first one's in this thread)

Soldo
01-18-2004, 05:44 AM
Better he destorys BENZ, than ruins the rest of BMW's already CRAP lineup!
Maybe someone can clean up his shittt!

Bigbore
01-18-2004, 05:52 AM
do you guys actually think hes done bad? i mean i love the 7series, the Z4 is cool looking, new m5 is also cool. whats wrong with his decisions, he cant keep BMW looking the same forever!

Alezone
01-18-2004, 06:59 AM
agree.

Soldo
01-18-2004, 08:11 AM
IMO, anyone who likes the NEWER BMW's over the PREDECESSOR's is not a TRUE BMW enthusiast, the current lineup does have a few + sides to it, but compared to the ones before it it looks TERRIBLE!
I think this assshole has single handedly brought down BMW, they may be selling now, but they've lost there edge, and the competition will eat em up now!

Miguel
01-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Sh!t Randy, Ryan, Al, etc... did you remember seeing him by the BMW booth when we were there in Detroit? I remember seeing that guy and thinking.. "what a stupid beard"

///deni-boy///
01-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
IMO, anyone who likes the NEWER BMW's over the PREDECESSOR's is not a TRUE BMW enthusiast, the current lineup does have a few + sides to it, but compared to the ones before it it looks TERRIBLE!
I think this assshole has single handedly brought down BMW, they may be selling now, but they've lost there edge, and the competition will eat em up now!

What does that have to do with being a true BMW enthusiast, shouldnt a true enthusiast be behind any BMW no matter what, makes a lil more sense but it doesnt work out like that either. I look at it this way, other companies that have brought out new lines of cars compared to the new BMW's, BMW ALLL THE WAY, looks way better than other cars IMO.

Simby
01-18-2004, 05:35 PM
I agree with the people who think the changes are needed and Bangle did not destory BMW. Car styles in general change, like how they are rounder in curves as compared to cars in the 90s. If BMW kept on making the E46 body, which is my fav, it would get boring and people would stop buying it because everyone has a E46.

Bigbore
01-18-2004, 07:12 PM
yes i agree, i like the look of the old E30 to the new E46. Looks are arbitrary, people have differnet tastes. In any case what is tehre not to like about the new versions? More power, more comfort, more speed, stiffer chassis, better suspension, better tires, better everything. yeah, they are heavier, and so is evey other car on the market today.

Well anyway its only my opinion.

Slowered318
01-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Miguel
Sh!t Randy, Ryan, Al, etc... did you remember seeing him by the BMW booth when we were there in Detroit? I remember seeing that guy and thinking.. "what a stupid beard"

Yeah... I seen him!

Man if i only knew who he was.. i would have had a little chit chat with him! :mad:

crazyvadim
01-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Isnt he done with BMW??

FastM3
01-19-2004, 04:30 PM
You guys need to give the guy a break. It's not whatever he says goes. All his designs are put in front of the company heads and they say if it's a go. If you don't like a design blame BMW, not him just him specifically.

colemanerik
01-19-2004, 05:50 PM
I dislike the new look. Im for the old E30 style where you could tell it was a BMW.

punnzzells
01-19-2004, 07:12 PM
What?

colemanerik.... the E30 was one of the BMW's that put them on the map in North America... I am not partial to any of the new BMW's... i did like the 96-01 540i sport, but other than that... i hope that they do change the look and become seperate from the masses.... besides... if they did loose that designer.. he can always go work for Volvo as they seem to copy the shiot outta BMW's lately...

mike.

FastM3
01-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Look at his hands in the first pic, no envelope....then look at the 2nd pic, envelope....Benz is paying him to ruin BMW designs...it's a conspiracy I tell ya!!!!

BladeRunner
01-24-2004, 01:32 AM
Truthfully I love the new BMW styling but it just reminds a little to much of a Honda. Nonetheless, the new 5 and 7 series could do without that so called trunk which completelly fugufies the entire car. Now, the X5, M3, Z4, and Z8 were a big success. Like the previous poster said changes are needed to advance, you can't just stay stuck in the middle all the time because there is little room for progress (revenue). Again, truthfully I love the new BMW styling but it just reminds a little to much of a Honda and the trunk is a big minus. Lastly, these are our own personal opinions no need to box it out...unless I can put $100 and someone video tapes the fight :).