PDA

View Full Version : bought myslef a present (dinan)


jeremy
01-17-2004, 02:04 AM
i just bought a cf dinan engine cover set.....can't wait till it gets here !:cool:

jeremy
01-17-2004, 02:05 AM
:)

Lennon
01-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuude, nice job, can't wait to see it in place, good one man! *th-up*

SpoolinS6
01-17-2004, 02:40 AM
looks fuken hot !!
dont get it dirty LOL !

Jase
01-17-2004, 02:49 AM
Now that is nice

ZiMMie
01-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Wow that soo ugly :p ..
jk. :D

Sweeet


How is the e30 goin to look this summer?? Hmmmm :confused:

any upcomin perfomance mods??

jmalixi
01-17-2004, 02:55 AM
Nice.... How much?

jeremy
01-17-2004, 03:46 AM
zimmie- it all depends on how much cash i can put together....maybe it will stay in storage....


jmalixi- enough :D

Gamite
01-17-2004, 04:31 AM
awesome, can't wait to see it.

Eurostyle
01-17-2004, 04:41 AM
It looks great but isnt it like puting an M3 badge on a non M car? Unless you have a Dinan motor...

jeremy
01-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
It looks great but isnt it like puting an M3 badge on a non M car? Unless you have a Dinan motor...

or like putting a e36 m3 kit on an e30 ?

uh, i dont think it has anything to do with having a dinan motor....it is simply a dress up item..

Eurostyle
01-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
or like putting a e36 m3 kit on an e30 ?

uh, i dont think it has anything to do with having a dinan motor....it is simply a dress up item..

Style has nothing to do with badges, you shold know that by now! People build "fake" E36 M3's all the time, but once they put the badge on everybody flames them!

jeremy
01-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
Style has nothing to do with badges, you shold know that by now! People build "fake" E36 M3's all the time, but once they put the badge on everybody flames them!

don't try and lecture me fil.....the dinan engine cover is simply the same as buying a strut brace with sparco's name on it......it is just the manafactures name.....nothing more.....it does not claim that you have a dinan engine, other wise dinan would not sell them to the public..............get it ?

Eurostyle
01-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
don't try and lecture me fil.....the dinan engine cover is simply the same as buying a strut brace with sparco's name on it......it is just the manafactures name.....nothing more.....it does not claim that you have a dinan engine, other wise dinan would not sell them to the public..............get it ?


Not trying to lecture you in any way, i know better then that! Just making some point, mostly making fun of those people that make 5 pages long treds on how its "wrong" to put an M badge

P.S. just because its sold to the public does not change much, i can go buy an Mpower cover, but if i put it on my stock M50 then people would bitch for weeks!

jeremy
01-17-2004, 05:42 PM
^ ok, i understand the point you're making......it is a very fine line you have to walk with some people....

Euro_E30
01-17-2004, 09:50 PM
jeremy that looks badass!!!!*th-up*

Mystikal
01-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
or like putting a e36 m3 kit on an e30 ?

Owned.

I still think there should be at least some Dinan parts in there though. It would be better plain, without the crappy-tuner name.

R_JAY
01-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
zimmie- it all depends on how much cash i can put together....maybe it will stay in storage....


jmalixi- enough :D I got a get rich quick scheme coming up but it involves ski masks and super soakers. You want in:D
Dinan or not it still looks pretty sweet. Can I have the M Power one you have now;)

M50E30
01-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Jeremy,

You got this off of ebay? New? :confused: Well what did it cost you?

I wanted one that just says BMW or plain. Anyone know if that exists?

Dave

windsor318is
01-18-2004, 12:01 AM
ALRIGHT so you won the bid!!!!!!!

jeremy
01-18-2004, 01:36 AM
alright, alright ....i got if new off ebay from a guy in cali..... i paid 242.72 US including shipping to canada....that includes the fuel rail cover aswell....

dave: there's plain ones available on ebay, i cant remember the name of the manafacturer....but they are a sponsor/member on bimmerforums...so you could probably get it straight from the company instead of ebay.....

r_jay: sounds like a plan.....i'm not sure if i will sell the m power cover though.....

bart320i
01-18-2004, 01:46 AM
that looks sick. I wouldn't mind getting a plain one either to match my CAI:cool:

jeremy
01-18-2004, 01:54 AM
very old link to plain cover buy (http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125688&perpage=25&highlight=carbon%20fiber%20engine%20cover&pagenumber=1)

e46 ones on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2454802378)

M50E30
01-18-2004, 06:52 AM
Guys,

I sent an e-mail regarding the plain CF engine cover. I wonder what the bottom is made out of?

Thanx,
Dave

Mikester
01-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
Guys,

I sent an e-mail regarding the plain CF engine cover. I wonder what the bottom is made out of?

Thanx,
Dave

id grab a plain cf cover.. tell us what they say

R_JAY
01-19-2004, 05:18 AM
Group buy please.

thinair
01-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Bimmerworld.com sells the plain CF covers.

blacknblue-e30
01-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Looks hot!

M50E30
01-23-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Mikester
id grab a plain cf cover.. tell us what they say

They e-mailed me back about the plain CF engine covers...

Not yet, but we will in a few months at a similar price.




James Clay
http://www.bimmerworld.com
Engineered BMW Performance
540.639.9648

Tunerworks
01-23-2004, 05:10 AM
Sweet engine cover Jeremy. We have a sweet Racing Dynamics CF cover for all M50/S50 US engines on sale! Only one left...very rare!

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

Tunerworks
01-23-2004, 05:11 AM
*wave*

thinair
01-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Tunerworks
Sweet engine cover Jeremy. We have a sweet Racing Dynamics CF cover for all M50/S50 US engines on sale! Only one left...very rare!

Rob
www.tunerworks.com

Damn.....this is exactly what I have been looking for. Too bad the oil filler hole is on the wrong side (won't fit my m52).:(

jeremy
01-23-2004, 02:37 PM
that racing dynamics one is HOT ! how much ?

Tunerworks
01-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
that racing dynamics one is HOT ! how much ?

It is on our 2004 Winter Blow Out sale....$299.
This, and other deals, will be on our site soon!

Rob
www.tunerworks.com