PDA

View Full Version : V12 swap anyone!


Eurostyle
01-16-2004, 12:56 AM
Anyone wants to do a V12 swap? I found an 89 750i with 170K for $2500 obo!!! The car has front end body damage...I which i could put this in my E30!!!

Quack
01-16-2004, 01:02 AM
I need a engine but I don't want to shoe horn a V12 in there, can you find me a 4.6is engine?

bmwm5lover
01-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Fl, how bad is the damage? Will he trade for an e30??? Im serious about this.

AMG_POWER
01-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Quack
I need a engine but I don't want to shoe horn a V12 in there, can you find me a 4.6is engine?

Why not m5 engine?

Quack
01-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by AMG_POWER
Why not m5 engine?

more work will have to be done if I put an M5 motor into my car, I rather put the 4.6is motor, it's also cheaper to mod than an M5 motor

Eurostyle
01-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
Fl, how bad is the damage? Will he trade for an e30??? Im serious about this.

I dont know how bad it is....So if you trade it for your E30 what would you do with it!!!??? Put the V12 on your bicycle and make it faster then Jon's!!!:D :P

Mystikal
01-16-2004, 02:46 AM
E30 + V12 = SEX

Eurostyle
01-16-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Mystikal
E30 + V12 = SEX

No...E30 + V12 = sexy!!!

thinair
01-16-2004, 03:27 AM
I actually think it's easier to fit a V12 then the V8, because the V8 is wider, the cylinders are at a 90 degree angle to each other and the V12 is 60, or something along those lines.

Eurostyle
01-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by thinair
I actually think it's easier to fit a V12 then the V8, because the V8 is wider, the cylinders are at a 90 degree angle to each other and the V12 is 60, or something along those lines.

The only thing that is keeping me from having a V12 in my E30 is the wiring...i just hate electrical!!! the rest i can do...but what good is it if it just sits there and doesnt run!!!

325iSBimmer
01-16-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Mystikal
E30 + V12 = SEX

*mw* *mw* *mw* *mw* :eek: *love* WOOOOW....
that is stunning.....im speechless....

suicide
01-16-2004, 04:01 AM
will is fit a e36 by any chance

Eurostyle
01-16-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by suicide
will is fit a e36 by any chance

Yes it will!!!!*th-up*

Miguel
01-16-2004, 04:24 AM
Do you know if he wants to part it out?

Soldo
01-16-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Quack
more work will have to be done if I put an M5 motor into my car, I rather put the 4.6is motor, it's also cheaper to mod than an M5 motor :confused:
i dunno but i THINK a M5 would be cheaper to mod since theres ACTUAL mods made for the car!
Might just be me, but i've never heard of any performance parts for a X5, except the obvious, intake exhaust, lil kids stuff like that!

That E30 with the V12............which 7er is that from, E38 V12, or older?!

SickFinga
01-16-2004, 04:50 AM
Dildo, there is a supercharger for 4.6

Quack
01-16-2004, 04:56 AM
thanks SickFinga for clearing that up, that is exactly what I wanted to do 4.6 with S/C

Soldo
01-16-2004, 05:01 AM
SO..........i said i wasn't sure, but theres ALSO a SC for an M5 isn't there?!

SickFinga
01-16-2004, 05:02 AM
Yes there is, but you said no mods for x5

http://www.esstuning.com/systems/108-43x.html
finding a 4.6 engine would be a bitch
http://www.esstuning.com/img/mvc-900.jpg

Soldo
01-16-2004, 05:05 AM
Shut up bitch, hehehe, theres ALWAYS mods, obviously, but i highly doubt its EASIER/CHEAPER to mod a 4.6 as compared to a M5 especially labour wise!
The X5 seems to be a lot tougher to work on seeing as how theres such lesser room compared to the 5er!

SickFinga
01-16-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Shut up bitch, hehehe, theres ALWAYS mods, obviously, but i highly doubt its EASIER/CHEAPER to mod a 4.6 as compared to a M5 especially labour wise!
The X5 seems to be a lot tougher to work on seeing as how theres such lesser room compared to the 5er!

SC for m5 is 20k
sc for 4.6is is 9k
;) ktnx bye


EDIT - no one modding X5. he wants engine of it

IVAN
01-16-2004, 05:40 AM
are u sure V12 can fit in E30. That would be nice save on insurance.

SickFinga
01-16-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by IVAN
are u sure V12 can fit in E30. That would be nice save on insurance.

scroll up, E30 with V12 out of Alpina 750

blackshark
01-16-2004, 05:50 AM
i think
and i wonder if it will fit my 635

blackshark
01-16-2004, 05:52 AM
and it is going to be a bitch to do a tune up on it u cant squzee
a finger between engine and side wall

Mitch555
01-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
scroll up, E30 with V12 out of Alpina 750

I heard it was out of an 850.

bmwm5lover
01-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
I dont know how bad it is....So if you trade it for your E30 what would you do with it!!!??? Put the V12 on your bicycle and make it faster then Jon's!!!:D :P
no i mean fix the 7er, and dtrive that...