PDA

View Full Version : Headlight switch bulb not working......

Tech
01-15-2004, 04:27 AM
I have a problem that i'm trying to figure out on my e36. The miniture peanut bulb the the headlight switch is not light up. I have changed the bulb, twice, checked the fuses and still nothing. I even replace the switch itself and still bulb not working.

Has anyone ran into this problem before?

Thank you in advance!

325iSBimmer
01-15-2004, 04:33 AM
i had no idea it is even supposed to light up...
lol

Tech
01-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Now you do.

HooliGaN*
01-16-2004, 06:11 PM
i dont think mines ever been lit
its a very small thing that ill just leave

finale36
01-16-2004, 10:44 PM
mine used to work, but i swapped the vent part with a different one because the previous owner had some wear on it, and now it doesn't work. the light in my cigarette light doesn't work either, i did replace the light on my obc display successfully tho.
it bothers me that the light switch doesn't light up anymore, but not as much as the wear from the previous owner.

Justin e36
01-21-2004, 10:10 PM
heh.. I picked up my headlight switch bulb yesterday from Maranello... $1.50.

Anyway... yes, this part is actually faulty.. it'll blow around every year on E36's inclusive. Same with the cigarette lighter bulb mentioned.. also the bulbs inside the ash trays blow around every second year.

In either case, it sounds like a short in the wire or contacts are not working.. I'd use a tester to check if it's getting power.. if not, I'd splice the wires for the bulb.. (brown and gray) with any other brown and gray behind the dashboard to give it power... (yes, the better solution would be to find the short, and mend it.. or to replace the whole wires.. but really, who has time for that? :P

Justin