PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Valentine 1 Stealth Display!

e39guy
01-15-2004, 04:22 AM
Check it out:

http://www.stealth-one.com

Quack
01-15-2004, 04:40 AM
pretty sweet, now I wanna know how much $$$ I have to cough up

niko_gt
01-15-2004, 04:44 AM
thats insane
whoever thought that one up is gonna be rich

Mystikal
01-15-2004, 04:54 AM
:eek:

BTW, I have a V1. Absolute best detector. Not that I even need to use it, I see a speed trap about once every 2 months in my everyday driving. It's mostly for trips to the U.S.

Miguel
01-15-2004, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Mystikal
:eek:

BTW, I have a V1. Absolute best detector. Not that I even need to use it, I see a speed trap about once every 2 months in my everyday driving. It's mostly for trips to the U.S.

really? how much did you pay for it? isnt it detectable by Ontario cops?

Mystikal
01-15-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Miguel
really? how much did you pay for it? isnt it detectable by Ontario cops?

The only place to get it is from Valentine, and they won't ship to Ontario. *mumble* I ordered it before a trip down to a relatives house and picked it up there. $399US + shipping.

It's supposed to be invisible, but I have no clue. I don't even use it here, there's not even a need.

Miguel
01-15-2004, 05:21 AM
I don't even use it here, there's not even a need.

..there is for me. There is at least 1 radar in Woodbridge per monthand since there are only like 3 major roads, everybody gets booked:(

Mystikal
01-15-2004, 05:23 AM
You could probably grab one off Ebay. If not, ship it to someone you know in the States and have them send it back out to you. It makes other detectors pretty useless, the arrows kick ass.

Miguel
01-15-2004, 05:34 AM
You could probably grab one off Ebay. If not, ship it to someone you know in the States and have them send it back out to you. It makes other detectors pretty useless, the arrows kick ass.

Is yours stealthed?

Mystikal
01-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Nah don't need to, since I only use it where it's legal.

Miguel
01-15-2004, 05:37 AM
Nah don't need to, since I only use it where it's legal.

Nice, you gotta show me this thing at the next meet! lemme know if you wanna sell it one day;)

Mystikal
01-15-2004, 05:40 AM
No prob meng, I'll take it out of the box for a day. :D

Miguel
01-15-2004, 05:49 AM
No prob meng, I'll take it out of the box for a day. :D

OK, and Ill drive around like a retard till I pass a cop:D
but seriously, I got pulled over twice in december... so Im seriously considering one of these. The only prob is that my buddy got his radar detector(Not a V1) taken away by a cop that detected it + a $350 ticket.

AMG_POWER
01-15-2004, 05:57 AM
I want v1!!!

app
01-15-2004, 12:18 PM
V1 is detected by the Spectre RDD at 800ft. V1 can detect radar up to 2000 ft away. The fact is, when you get hit with radar, you gotta turn it off and slow down. Sucks when it's a false alarm, but false alarms are better than $350 and 3 pts.

M3ti Compact
01-15-2004, 02:40 PM
You get 3 points for having a radar??

Hartge H26
01-15-2004, 03:24 PM
I had the same type of thing done to my E30 years ago. It's hard wiredinto the car, depending on what freq goes off either the ABs light or the hand brake light goes off, and so I still have the option to turn it on and off when i like I used my lighter as the toggle switch. push it in and it activates it.

niko_gt
01-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Hartge H26
I had the same type of thing done to my E30 years ago. It's hard wiredinto the car, depending on what freq goes off either the ABs light or the hand brake light goes off, and so I still have the option to turn it on and off when i like I used my lighter as the toggle switch. push it in and it activates it.

thats genious, i'd goahead and do something like that, only thing is i wouldnt want to be pulling apart a 400US+$$ unit incase i mess it up

thats sooo stealth

Miguel
01-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Hartge H26

That is incredible.. do you have any pics of the setup? how did you pull this off?

Gianpaolo_E46
01-15-2004, 09:11 PM
do u have to listen to that fuking beep the entire time or is there a silent mode...and can u turn it off cpmpletly if u get pulled over?

blackshark
01-16-2004, 01:59 AM
does that thing has remote sensor cause if u put this radar on your dash cops will see it

Mystikal
01-16-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by T_DOT_BIMMER
do u have to listen to that fuking beep the entire time or is there a silent mode...and can u turn it off cpmpletly if u get pulled over?

There is a volume control and there is a silent mode.

If I got pulled over with it in Ontario (which will never happen) I'd just throw it in the glovebox. I know my rights, give me a good reason to open that door. *uzi*

Mystikal
01-16-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by blackshark
does that thing has remote sensor cause if u put this radar on your dash cops will see it

No, but the traditional stealth setup is to mount the detector unit behind the rear view mirror (VERY hard to see by an officer) and pick up the remote display. It's basically a mini version of the arrows and lights of the stock unit, and you can mount it anywhere you want. Then, you put the detector in invisible mode (all lights off) and live happily ever after.

This thing is insanely flexible. *th-up*