PDA

View Full Version : koncise & I going at it in the snow! Slalom runs! LOL

Mystikal
01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Me and Mike ran into each other as I was heading to do some snow runs, so he came along and joined the fun! Thanks to Jeff (crusher) for the hosting service, his deals are great. Filiming done by my personal cameraman, Lester (JiGGa).

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS! (http://mystikal.bmwgarage.net/Mystikal_&_Koncise-01.11.04.mpg)

Much more to come...*th-up*

SebSter
01-13-2004, 09:57 PM
sweet, what school was this at? looks familiar

SpoolinS6
01-13-2004, 10:41 PM
looks like u guys had fun
is this legal to do ?? im guessing not !

King Luis
01-14-2004, 04:24 AM
looks like fun
i wish my car was rwd

omid
01-14-2004, 06:36 AM
nice vid

R_JAY
01-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Nice*th-up*
I can't help feeling sorry for the poor guy behind the camera. He's the only one not having any fun:D

330DTM
01-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by King Luis
looks like fun
i wish my car was rwd

Actually I was playing around in a parking lot last night and I was able to make my FWD Volvo lose control (or kicking the tail out) without yanking the handbrake. But even when I yanked on the handbrake once, I was able to keep the car drifting side to side and end off in a wide drift without further need for handbrake. I haven't gotten it down 100%, but it took some throttle modulation, steering input and space :D

But definitely it's still not as fun as with the Bimmer where it's more fun toying around in the snow with a RWD.

By the way, nice video that your buddy Lester put together Mystikal. I like how you guys were drifting inbetween the pilons

*th-up*

Mystikal
01-19-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by R_JAY
Nice*th-up*
I can't help feeling sorry for the poor guy behind the camera. He's the only one not having any fun:D

LOL, there's an outakes edition to this video. koncise filmed that part, first there was Lester, sitting in the trunk, playing garbage man as we picked up the cones one by one (that was classic). Then we proceeded to do some high speed drifts with him in the same position, hands in the air. Trust me, he got the most fun out of the day. :D

Mystikal
01-19-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 328DTM
Actually I was playing around in a parking lot last night and I was able to make my FWD Volvo lose control (or kicking the tail out) without yanking the handbrake. But even when I yanked on the handbrake once, I was able to keep the car drifting side to side and end off in a wide drift without further need for handbrake. I haven't gotten it down 100%, but it took some throttle modulation, steering input and space :D

But definitely it's still not as fun as with the Bimmer where it's more fun toying around in the snow with a RWD.

By the way, nice video that your buddy Lester put together Mystikal. I like how you guys were drifting inbetween the pilons

*th-up*

Yeah, I know what you are saying with the FWD drifting. It's possible, just not quite as entertaining. My friend and I were out on Wednesday at the same lot, doing runs in my car and his Maxima. They looked really good, especially considering how much extra work it takes.

Yeah, I thought the pylon idea was cool, and I had them sitting in my garage so I said why not. Keep in mind also that every video I post is taken in the crappy Quicktime movie mode of my 2.0MP camera, with a 15 sec limit on video. To make and edit something like this is NOT fun. I have to sort through dozens of clips for like 3 mins of footage. At least Jon pointed me towards Premiere for editing, made work a lot easier than the crap I previously used.

We worked on another video last night, but the lot was pretty dark and it shows in the clips. I think I still might make a full movie out of it though, we'll see.

koncise
01-19-2004, 04:00 AM
I couldnt go without 1 post in this thread ;)

That was really fun.. One of the few good things about snow!

here's a little bonus clip of me, nothing special.. but I like it :) http://members.rogers.com/koncise/snowclip.mpg (wonder how long till rogers kills the link.. heh)

R_JAY
01-19-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by koncise
I couldnt go without 1 post in this thread ;)

That was really fun.. One of the few good things about snow!

here's a little bonus clip of me, nothing special.. but I like it :) http://members.rogers.com/koncise/snowclip.mpg (wonder how long till rogers kills the link.. heh) For some reason I thought you hated winter. I know I remember reading that somewhere :D

koncise
01-19-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by R_JAY
For some reason I thought you hated winter. I know I remember reading that somewhere :D

lol... I still do, just trying to make the best of it :)