PDA

View Full Version : Dragstrip @ Downsview Air base...

Gamite
12-26-2001, 11:20 AM
I heard its supposed to be some mega theme park complex.

rico328i
12-28-2001, 02:28 AM
That rumour about that amusement park didn't go through last I heard. I play soccer at The Hanger and what I've seen may be of interest to some of you. They use part of the runway there for BMW Performance/Driving school. Check it out. E46 - 330's for the 1st level. All the way up to E46 M3's (3rd level)! I'm actually thinking of taking at least level 1 this summer.

Rico

Gamite
12-28-2001, 03:41 AM
Yea right? maybe I should drop by, I live pretty close to downsview.

rico328i
12-29-2001, 03:08 AM
Hey Gamite and others who I'm sure will be interested.

Check out BMWCanada.com

They have the information for the next courses. Won't start until this spring. Hopefully sign up and learn from pros. Should be fun too.

Rico

330DTM
01-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Well I've completed the Level 1 course last summer!

It was good and fun, but nothing THAT spectacular! Sorry, hehe.
It was a fun experience getting the feel for braking with and without ABS, with and without using Traction control and DSC. You also get a chance to throw the car into understeer and save it, and also throw it into oversteer and save it as well. There is a in class section, but it only lasts for 45min to 1hour?

I liked the Slalom challenge at the end! I showed the elder ppl. that an 18 year old kid can kick their butt :P

But yea, I would like to do the 2nd and 3rd level, however the price gets even steeper. $800 for level 2 and $1500? for level 3.

Thing is, I would try the BMWCCA, but I don't own a car, I just drive my parents car, hehe. So my only choice is to find courses that provide the vehicle, and thus that would cost more $$$!

rico328i
01-03-2002, 01:07 AM
Well Mr DTM,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Did you learn a lot from them? And in case you don't know. This course/s is heavily subsidized by BMW Cda. It's not cheap, but if you look around, it's not expensive.

Rico

330DTM
01-05-2002, 01:52 AM
I see Rico328,

Well I did learn a couple of things. Well although I sorta knew the understeer and overtseer scenearios, taking the course enabled me to experience it in real life, and well I did learn something.