PDA

View Full Version : Is the 97+ grill panel for E36 a direct fit on 92-95 E36??

BMW_7
01-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know?

duffy325
01-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Pretty sure you have to buy the whole piece to make it work. So no its not. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
I think the shape of the kidney's is different.

MP328
01-12-2004, 06:13 PM
no it's not. cuz the 97+ and up have an angle on the outside so it will not fit directly in the 96 and down.

but u can find the ones on the ebay that look like the 97+ and up but will fit in the 96 and down.

PM Razkal320 he's got one on his car

BMW_7
01-12-2004, 06:32 PM
What angle? This is what im talking about.

Just the panel without the grills

BMW_7
01-12-2004, 06:32 PM
f

WASABI
01-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the panels are interchangeable between the e36s, but the grills are not. There are two ways I've seen people upgrade to the newer grills, replacing the entire nose panel from '97 up e36 or just replacing the grills with '97-up style chrome grills. Yeah Razkal320i has a set.

325iSBimmer
01-13-2004, 12:25 AM
you CAN interchange the whole nose piece but CAN NOT just put the newer grills on..

so you have two options.....
1. get the whole front piece with the newer grills and pay big money to get it and have it painted...

OR

2.Get these off Ebay for $55U.S.

I really wanna set too....do you wanna buy together and save on the shipping? PM me

BMW_7
01-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Ok. The thing is, I rear ended someone. I need the whole new nose piece piece.

So I thought, why not go with the newer look.

I think I will buy the piece and the grille at the dealership. Do you have any hookups, 325is? I gess I'll call Charlie tomorrow. If he doesn't have it, well...

HooliGaN*
01-13-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by 325iSBimmer
you CAN interchange the whole nose piece but CAN NOT just put the newer grills on..

so you have two options.....
1. get the whole front piece with the newer grills and pay big money to get it and have it painted...

OR

I really wanna set too....do you wanna buy together and save on the shipping? PM me

i have those
they are such a sweet investment
makes the car looks so mean

Julian

325iSBimmer
01-13-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by BMW_7
Ok. The thing is, I rear ended someone. I need the whole new nose piece piece.

So I thought, why not go with the newer look.

I think I will buy the piece and the grille at the dealership. Do you have any hookups, 325is? I gess I'll call Charlie tomorrow. If he doesn't have it, well...

Oh..in that case then your probably best off going to the dealer and yes get the newer look...it will fit when buying the whole front nose piece(you will probably have to buy the grills seperatly)

unless of course it would be cheaper to buy the 92-95 style nose piece and then buy the e-bay grills.....

look into it I bet the later of the two ways will be cheaper and give same or possibly better appearene results....

HooliGaN*- yeah...i fell in love with those grills as soon as I saw them.....they look so.....soooo E46 M3ish.....

do they fit like an OEM BMW part or was there a bit of "fitting"

WASABI
01-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by 325iSBimmer
OR

Those are what I meant by '97-up style chrome grills. *th-up*

Razkal
01-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I got the grills from EBay back in Feb last year and I must say they updated the look easily and without major mods to do so. The quality of the grills that I got were very similar to OEM.

Here is a pic from Bimmercruize with them on the car....

325iSBimmer
01-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Razkal 320i
I got the grills from EBay back in Feb last year and I must say they updated the look easily and without major mods to do so. The quality of the grills that I got were very similar to OEM.

Here is a pic from Bimmercruize with them on the car....

LOOKIN GQQD.....those grills suit ur car...especially with those rims*th-up*

BMW_7
01-13-2004, 10:42 PM
The thing is, I hate the chrome slats. It looks good on e46 but on e36 it looks ghetto.

Why don't you paint yours Razkal?

Razkal
01-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by BMW_7
The thing is, I hate the chrome slats. It looks good on e46 but on e36 it looks ghetto.

Why don't you paint yours Razkal?

I had all black grills on the car before these ones and I did not think they suited the colour nicely. I kinda like them for now... who knows what I will do to them down the road... :)

4life
02-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Anyone know where to get these in Toronto, i.e Pacific Mall?

openwheel
02-11-2004, 12:25 AM
BMW_7 did you get the parts? I just picked them up too, and I am having them painted as we speak. Have you put them in yet. is it a straight drop in or did it take some modification. When I bought my parts from the Dealer, he told me it was a straight drop in. And from what I remember the prices were the same for both parts, so the 2nd thought of buying the original panel and the newer grill would be more expensive, then just buying the new panel

BMW_7
02-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Yes, I have it installed. The dealer wasn't sure it was drop-in, neither was the bodyshop owner, but I asked some people and they said it was a direct fit, and it was.