PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 AA Supercharger


SickFinga
01-06-2004, 08:07 AM
360rwhp


http://www.tunersdatabase.com/maxbimmer/aam3/

R_JAY
01-06-2004, 08:35 AM
As if that car wasn't fast enough.
Nobody laugh at me but what is the thing that will sit behind the grill? Oil cooler?

app
01-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Yup, you're right.

duffy325
01-06-2004, 12:06 PM
I wonder what the 0-60 and quarter mile are for the car?

Rolled_Out
01-06-2004, 12:15 PM
boo i like RMS better,
stage 3
580hp (crank) and 488 tq. :)

mkgino
01-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Well this is only in its first few stages of development. It should have more hp/trq when its done. I love AA, it pwn3z all!

Rolled_Out
01-06-2004, 12:20 PM
yeh i know haha im just playing :)
we all know AA makes goooood shit!

djcontra
01-06-2004, 02:25 PM
I'd be worried of the compression in that engine afterwards...

WASABI
01-06-2004, 03:49 PM
It was only a matter of time. :eek: That's a huge intercooler for a supercharger. :confused:

Jon@Bimmersport
01-06-2004, 08:16 PM
M3NTAL M3, go to AA..your more likely to get what you want compared to RMS. Since AA is big, and RMS is a tiny 2 man shop.

M3NTALM3
01-07-2004, 04:42 AM
Thanks jon, but LA is only 11 days away ... 10 if we leave thursday!.... THURSDAY IT IS... PSSSS WIDEBODY HAS ARRIVED........................... i'l get some b4 pics of the car and some pics of the skirt package for a little "preview" tomorrow :)

Jon@Bimmersport
01-07-2004, 04:59 AM
pics? we need video of before and after. call me *th-up* lol

tlaselva
01-07-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
pics? we need video of before and after. call me :thmbsup: lol

Yes, video.....*love*

Bigbore
01-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
I'd be worried of the compression in that engine afterwards...

you know, compression doesnt change because of boost pressure... i could have gotten your point wrong...:confused:

Bigbore
01-08-2004, 02:24 PM
wow.. just read what i wrote... i meant compression ratio.

dtthiaga
01-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I don't mean this to be negative, but Iíve heard that BMW squeezed every bit of power out of the e46 M3 Engine. So, how does the Supercharger affect the engine reliability and durability?

Do you think this is more of a race car, or a daily driver setup.
This is the car to get more power out of because it has the handling nailed.

Just curious if anyone has done research on the reliability afterwards.

mkgino
01-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by dtthiaga
I don't mean this to be negative, but Iíve heard that BMW squeezed every bit of power out of the e46 M3 Engine. So, how does the Supercharger affect the engine reliability and durability?

Do you think this is more of a race car, or a daily driver setup.
This is the car to get more power out of because it has the handling nailed.

Just curious if anyone has done research on the reliability afterwards. AA knows what they are doing

tlaselva
01-08-2004, 05:01 PM
If I honestly felt that the S54 engine without some MAJOR modifications to the engine, be able to reliably handle F/I, I would've kept my M3. Jeez, there's been hundreds of S54 engine's self destructing STOCK. To my knowledge, BMW has never fully explained why, let alone positively address the issue.

If the engine is redone to handle that extra power, it would be prohibitively expensive for the setup. Remember, the S54 engine is pushing the envelope of technology, so it's not an easy/inexpensive engine to modify, unlike the LS6 in my Z.

Additionally, has anyone priced out a new S54 engine from BMW? :huh:

325iSBimmer
01-08-2004, 05:29 PM
i could be way off but i think I've heard the S54 from BMW runs about $16,000.....does that sound about right?

dtthiaga
01-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Jeez, there's been hundreds of S54 engine's self destructing STOCK. To my knowledge, BMW has never fully explained why, let alone positively address the issue.

That's what I was concerned with. If the Supercharger or Turbo setup comes with warranty (covering the engine as well), then it would indicate it was well designed and safe for the motor.

tlaselva
01-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by 325iSBimmer
i could be way off but i think I've heard the S54 from BMW runs about $16,000.....does that sound about right?

More....


Originally posted by dtthiaga
That's what I was concerned with. If the Supercharger or Turbo setup comes with warranty (covering the engine as well), then it would indicate it was well designed and safe for the motor.

That's the only way I would buy FI on a S54.
I'd be willing to bet some good money that you'll never see that though.