PDA

View Full Version : Can E36 headlights be seperated?

Empire
01-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Can the factory E36 lamps be taken apart at all? I want to put in angel eyes but don't feel like getting raped in the ass for having to buy Elipsode style euros even though yes they are much nicer.

I just want to mount the angel eyes in the stock lamps, seal it all back up and mount it on my car. Can I do this? Could I heat it in the oven a bit to seperate it like the Civic guys do with theirs?

SickFinga
01-04-2004, 07:50 AM
well, plastic cover is glued on to the housing, so it will be really hard to take them apart.

You want install e36 lights on the Z24?

Empire
01-04-2004, 08:23 AM
So it's basically the same then as doing it for a Civic. Heat it up a bit and get it off while the glue is warm, do my thing, and then silicone it back up again.

Yeah they are being put on my Z24. Very original, and I know someone in the state that just did the swap. Looks really good too. My car is black, so it really flows, and I'll gunmetal wheels for spring. My method for cars is lean, clean, and mean. No fancy show cars for me. Just sleek and agressive.

SickFinga
01-04-2004, 09:24 AM
can i see the pic how it looks?

I saw e36 lights on Tercel and it looks horrible.

I might be selling my InPro headlights pretty soon.
2 leds are burnt out in them. $5 to fix.
they are glass and got led angel eyes in them

Soldo
01-04-2004, 09:54 AM
E36 on a Z24............
hahahahaha, orignal, yes, but VERY ugly!

Empire
01-04-2004, 05:10 PM
This is the guy. Not a huge fan of the car (bit flashy for me), but the headlamps fit pretty damn good, minus the grill (that I'll be doing custom though). It actually looks really good. The Z24 headlights are almost identical in shape and size, but are crappy looking. I thought about doing this swap so long ago, and then i saw another 1 or 2 people who thought of it as well, and now I know it can be done. There's really no cutting or welding needed, and the wiring is the same, minus the inner turn signal (that's why I want angel eyes. I'm gonna wire those to be the inner turn signals).

How much do you want for those Inpro's? I'm looking to buy asap. email me: digistar_media@hotmail.com

Soldo
01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Thats nasty though, with the money you'd spend on transformin the car, your better off just BUYING a bmw!

Empire
01-04-2004, 05:26 PM
The lights look really good on the car. If I had the money than yeah I'd probably be driving a Bimmer. 5 series, or a Benz S500. But since I don't, I'm driving my Z. Besides, until I hit 25 I'm not driving highpriced cars. You get raped on the insurance, and it's not worth it to me. For now, gonna save my cash for the most part and buy what I want later on when it isn't a liability to me.

Jon@Bimmersport
01-04-2004, 06:53 PM
they dont look that bad...but i agree with dildomatic, save the $ and get a real bmw!...u can find a nice E30 for about 4g, or an E36 for about 8g. insurance for me being 16 when i get my G2 is 150 secondary.