PDA

View Full Version : VDC-for E30's

burnhard22
12-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know/can recommend any shops in GTA or surronding area that would do a quality job on an E30 for
vertical doors conversion (VDC) also known as lambo doors.
I know there are several Hondas, etc but what about bimmers.
Where and what kinda of $ are you looking at?
Is cutting and re-paint req'd?
LAter*smoke*

EMPOWERD
12-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Westside Customs (http://www.geocities.com/dgayle63/My_Page.html) in Streetsville (Mississauga) does the most amazing jobs with doors that i've ever seen... the fit/finsh and price can't be beat. Go check them out.

p.s. When doing research on the subject, make sure to take note how far open the custom doors swing... hack jobs will only open like 30%.

BMW BMXer
12-26-2003, 04:33 PM
I was just gonna say west side. There site is shady but I see the craziest shit roll outta that place.

jeremy
12-26-2003, 05:57 PM
i contacted decah awhile back ( i wanna do the conversion myself) , they told me they use the vdc kit for the 92-95 honda civic.....you can get a vdc kit for around 1500 U.S.....

if you manage to negotiate a good price from west side, please let me know....maybe we could set up a group deal.... *th-up*

M50E30
12-27-2003, 03:04 AM
I sell an AutoLoc 2dr Lambo style hinge kit at work. The kit is $2361.26!!! :eek: Since I have never sold one does anyone know if this company/kit/price is any good?

Dave

P.S.: If it is good and you can get a couple of people interested in it i'm sure the price can be a little bit flexable.

BMW BMXer
12-27-2003, 03:38 AM
I have heard Auto Loc is one of the only ppl making kits.

Apperently most Lambo doors are flmisy when up.

EMPOWERD
12-27-2003, 05:55 AM
There are quite a few manufacturers of custom verticle door hinges (saw them all at SEMA). The nice ones have a lever that can make the door open stock, then pulling it out will make it open like a Diablo (or McLaren - depending). They were selling a pair for $1300.00 US.

windsor318is
12-27-2003, 08:05 AM
ben please get back to us with the quote they give you.

Miguel
12-27-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by EMPOWERD
There are quite a few manufacturers of custom verticle door hinges (saw them all at SEMA). The nice ones have a lever that can make the door open stock, then pulling it out will make it open like a Diablo (or McLaren - depending). They were selling a pair for $1300.00 US.

Any plans to lambo-door the GT2?*drink*

EMPOWERD
12-27-2003, 05:00 PM
lol. nope.

I have considered a lot of different subtle mods like shaving emblems, door handles, rain gutters, painting it that flat silver paint but... Since the car is rare, i'm leaving the exterior original with the exception of clear Euro lights. If It were a normal 993TT then I woulda gone really custom (no doors though)

AndreNY
12-28-2003, 01:41 AM
why would you spend your money on that :confused:

jeremy
12-28-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by AndreNY
why would you spend your money on that :confused:

it's like spending money on WIDE rims that actualy worsen' the handling of your car .....

why put a body kit on your car ?:confused: ...it's all asthetics.......different people like different things....

i personaly like lambo doors *th-up*

burnhard88
12-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Some people have ruined the way the doors are suppose to look.
I know on some cars it looks crap.
I try to keep my car simple, clean, and different.
I think it would look sick and stand out but still look elegant.
The cutting and the re-paint would have to be done by someone with a head on their shoulders-for sure..
Thanks
p.s I know Decat and a couple of other US companies sell the pkgs but I'll see what I find in Cda 1st. Quality comes first as well as expeience with the install,
Thanks
BUrnhard22
p.s even though my lazy ass bro didn't log out.
*smoke*

AndreNY
12-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
it's like spending money on WIDE rims that actualy worsen' the handling of your car .....

why put a body kit on your car ?:confused: ...it's all asthetics.......different people like different things....

i personaly like lambo doors *th-up*

yea some things are worth spending money on while others are not, thats all im saying

Like spending wortheless money on 19" wheels :D

jeremy
12-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by AndreNY

Like spending wortheless money on 19" wheels :D

the money is never worthless....the 19"s may be....:D