PDA

View Full Version : Grill on Silver E36

koncise
12-22-2003, 03:57 PM
What do you guys think looks better on a silver e36? a completely blacked out grill or the original grill? I think it's time for a change.... maybe :P

R_JAY
12-22-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm gonna say the original grill. I think the blacked out looks good on dark coloured cars though.

koncise
12-22-2003, 05:49 PM
thats what i was thinking.. and i dont want to paint it just to find out i dont like it. At least with the chrome grill i have now, i can just heat it up and pull them off.... i dont know what to do.

AkiraEJ8
12-22-2003, 09:00 PM
i actually think that the blacked out gril would look good on a silver car... i think the chrome looks good on a darker colored car. lol basically the oposite of wat R_JAY said

Mystikal
12-22-2003, 09:03 PM
I like your current ballin out of control bling setup. It matches the rims. :D

koncise
12-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
I like your current ballin out of control bling setup. It matches the rims. :D

are you being serious or sarcastic? the smiley at the end made it hard to tell :P

Jon@Bimmersport
12-22-2003, 10:55 PM
keep it as it is...just slam that bitch!

BMW_M52_M20
12-23-2003, 12:16 AM
I had the chrome grill before with chrome slats and I am so glad I blacked out my grill........looks way better, plus there is no chrome on the car so the black matches the outer trim!
Jay

Mystikal
12-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by koncise
are you being serious or sarcastic? the smiley at the end made it hard to tell :P

No I'm serious. And get some old school bumpers from an Impala and bolt them on, too.

Heh, just messing with you. I seriously like the chrome grill on yours, like I said, it sets off the rims nicely.

koncise
12-23-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
keep it as it is...just slam that bitch!

this isn't one of your rubber dollies thats free to slam :P :D

But in due time.. she will be "tastefully lowered" :) As long as everything goes as planned, I'm hoping spring/summer

HooliGaN*
12-23-2003, 04:17 AM
dude get the chrome e46 m3 grill
off ebay
it looks real mean
i put it on my silver e36

koncise
12-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by HooliGaN*
dude get the chrome e46 m3 grill
off ebay
it looks real mean
i put it on my silver e36

that looks nice... does it fit into the existing space already? or is some modification needed?

and could you give me a link to the guy you bought it from?

bimmerdude
12-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by AkiraEJ8
i actually think that the blacked out gril would look good on a silver car... i think the chrome looks good on a darker colored car. lol basically the oposite of wat R_JAY said

Yea i agree but for a silver car either or would look nice

koncise
12-23-2003, 04:20 PM
I have an idea, since I'm at work and dont have photoshop, can someone black out my grill on the attatched picture? It's the best I could find for the front end...

Soldo
12-23-2003, 06:29 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Black out grills look good on ONE color................
BLACK!
IMO the best thing with EVERY BMW, is just to COLOR match the GRILL!
Green car, GREEN grill, SILVER car, BMW SILVER paint, look at THINAIR's car, he has his grill painted the same color as his car and it looks mean as hell!

koncise
12-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Black out grills look good on ONE color................
BLACK!
IMO the best thing with EVERY BMW, is just to COLOR match the GRILL!
Green car, GREEN grill, SILVER car, BMW SILVER paint, look at THINAIR's car, he has his grill painted the same color as his car and it looks mean as hell!

First, Can you please be at least a little enthusiastic about this? :P (I'm never gonna play that down :) )

Second, show me a pic of thinair's car/grill ;)

HooliGaN*
12-23-2003, 06:38 PM
that looks nice... does it fit into the existing space already? or is some modification needed?

and could you give me a link to the guy you bought it from?

ya its a perfect fit jus snaps in
and really make the car stand out

im at work so i dont have the link
ill send it to u when i get home

Julian

Soldo
12-24-2003, 11:36 PM
First, Can you please be at least a little enthusiastic about this? :P (I'm never gonna play that down :) )

Second, show me a pic of thinair's car/grill ;)
Enthusiastic, whats THAT?!?!
:moon:
hehehe, Just find one of thinairs posts and look at his sig, trust me man, body colored grills look the best!
Don't take my word for it!
*wave*