PDA

View Full Version : Question about the M3 rear diffuser


Autotechnica
12-15-2003, 06:27 PM
I currently have a replica rear M3 diffuser and I'm looking to buy the real one. Someone has one for sale from a Coupe, will this fit a Sedan? I'm talking about the diffuser only, not the entire rear apron.

Basically what I'm asking is this.. Is the rear valence peice (black bumper peice above the exhaust) identical on coupes and sedans?

Thanks,

Bryan

mkgino
12-16-2003, 02:02 AM
All E36 skirts are interchangable, so I would assume it fits. I got mine off of Gavin, remember?

audiophile
12-16-2003, 02:34 AM
whats wrong with your replica?

Autotechnica
12-16-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
All E36 skirts are interchangable, so I would assume it fits. I got mine off of Gavin, remember?

Gavin had a 2 door too though right? I know the side skirts are interchangable, but I'm talking about the rear diffuser. You know the little lip that sticks out the back of the M3?

Bry

Autotechnica
12-16-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by audiophile
whats wrong with your replica?

Nothing really, but I don't like fiberglass or fake stuff. I'm getting the real diffuser for a good price so I'll probably sell the replica one.

Bry

KaschmirBeige3
12-16-2003, 03:17 AM
The diffusor from the coupe should fit right in on your sedan. Also, If your exhaust tips are larger diameter than the stock M3 exhaust tips then you will have to trim the diffusor. Hope this helps...

Bobby

Autotechnica
12-16-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by KaschmirBeige3
The diffusor from the coupe should fit right in on your sedan. Also, If your exhaust tips are larger diameter than the stock M3 exhaust tips then you will have to trim the diffusor. Hope this helps...

Bobby

Thanks,

My exhaust tips are larger than the M3 ones. However, the replica diffuser I have was made from a mold of the original diffuser so there shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks,

Bryan

KaschmirBeige3
12-16-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
Thanks,

My exhaust tips are larger than the M3 ones. However, the replica diffuser I have was made from a mold of the original diffuser so there shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks,

Bryan

Then you're good to go with the OEM diffusor*th-up*

Cosmic 325i
12-16-2003, 04:05 AM
ill buy the replica-pm me with a price

mkgino
12-16-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
Gavin had a 2 door too though right? I know the side skirts are interchangable, but I'm talking about the rear diffuser. You know the little lip that sticks out the back of the M3?

Bry Dammit, Im sorry. 12 hours straight of studying has turned my brain to mush.

I am sofa king we tall did *shiner*

Autotechnica
12-16-2003, 05:32 AM
Cosmic 325i,

Here's a picture of the diffuser. It's made of fiberglass so it doesn't have the clips that the real diffuser does. I spent almost no time in installing it and just slapped it on with a few screws. You should use body filler or take it to a shop and have it professionally installed if you want it done properly.

If you have a black car the gap between the bumper and diffuser isn't noticeable at all. If you couldn't be bothered just attached it with screws and the 2 bolting points on the sides and it should look fine.

PM'd you a price.

Bryan

Autotechnica
12-16-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
Dammit, Im sorry. 12 hours straight of studying has turned my brain to mush.

I am sofa king we tall did *shiner*

np :)

Eurostyle
12-17-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
I currently have a replica rear M3 diffuser and I'm looking to buy the real one. Someone has one for sale from a Coupe, will this fit a Sedan? I'm talking about the diffuser only, not the entire rear apron.

Basically what I'm asking is this.. Is the rear valence peice (black bumper peice above the exhaust) identical on coupes and sedans?

Thanks,

Bryan


Hey Bryan, remember that the M3 diffuser only fits on an M3 bumper, not on your stock bumper. I had to build that replica diffuser for Charlie a few years ago because he didnt want to spend $700 for a new M3 bumper cover for Alexa.

Autotechnica
12-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
Hey Bryan, remember that the M3 diffuser only fits on an M3 bumper, not on your stock bumper. I had to build that replica diffuser for Charlie a few years ago because he didnt want to spend $700 for a new M3 bumper cover for Alexa.

Don't worry Fil, I know what I'm doing. My friend installed the real M3 diffuser by shaving off the sides slightly to get it to fit. I know all the mounting points on the M3 diff are different but it can be made to fit with some modifications.

Anyways, thanks for making me that diff man, I appreciate it.

Bry

Furious
12-18-2003, 04:28 PM
hey bryan i know its early but when you sell your replica gimme a PM