PDA

View Full Version : Next BMW School at Mosport

got torque?
04-25-2002, 11:17 PM
I agree with Kevin, the old import vs. domestic thread has been overcooked.

Who's going to Mosport with the BWMCC at the end of May?

Anyone bringing new parts? new tricks? new tuning?

lovince
04-26-2002, 01:23 AM
I'll be there! :D

got torque?
04-26-2002, 09:41 AM
A bit off topic....

Lovince- nice quote in your sig. That book by Senna is interesting, if a bit general and low-tech.

Personally I think Senna was the greatest qualifier of all time, not the best driver or racer of all time. Good qualifying times do not win a driver World Championships.

Speaking of driving books, has anyone cheked out "The Unfair Advantage" by Mark Donohue? He talks about his whole career, from a unique perspective. He was an engineer first and a driver second.

Sorry to get off topic.....back to the Mosport thread.

GR8 Ride
04-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Well, I'll be there as well.

I'm still giving some thought to attending the Dexter Day at Mosport next Friday; not entirely sure what that's going to be like.

$355 for a single day at Mosport sounds a bit pricey at the moment...

Pat

addbhp
04-26-2002, 11:20 AM
I've done a couple of Dexter days, usually at year end when he used to go to Shannonville in the Fall at a reduced rate. I imagine he charges the high prices for a number of reasons 1) to keep the rif raf away 2) The high cost of Mosport Full track 3) His clientele can afford it 4) The price of tires on his car...j/k.

I think half the fun of Dexter's days is seeing all the $$ machines run like they should be. Much better than watching a number of "rice rockets" making fools of themselves at all these other track days.

How's this for handling "like it's on rails":P

lovince
04-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by got torque?
A bit off topic....

Lovince- nice quote in your sig. That book by Senna is interesting, if a bit general and low-tech.

Personally I think Senna was the greatest qualifier of all time, not the best driver or racer of all time. Good qualifying times do not win a driver World Championships.

Speaking of driving books, has anyone cheked out "The Unfair Advantage" by Mark Donohue? He talks about his whole career, from a unique perspective. He was an engineer first and a driver second.

Sorry to get off topic.....back to the Mosport thread.

Here's a thread (http://www.teutonic.ca/forums/thread.php?threadid=104&boardid=2) where we were talking about books...

Now back to the topic of Mosport, I'm hoping to get a Dexter day or two in near the end of season. My schedule is relatively free in Oct :D

GR8 Ride
04-26-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by addbhp
I've done a couple of Dexter days, usually at year end when he used to go to Shannonville in the Fall at a reduced rate. I imagine he charges the high prices for a number of reasons 1) to keep the rif raf away 2) The high cost of Mosport Full track 3) His clientele can afford it 4) The price of tires on his car...j/k.

I think half the fun of Dexter's days is seeing all the $$ machines run like they should be. Much better than watching a number of "rice rockets" making fools of themselves at all these other track days.

How's this for handling "like it's on rails":P

I haven't done one of the Dexter days before, but I talked to Howard at great length yesterday, and he's eager to have me come out to it.

The only issue I really have, is hating to head out there by myself. If I at least knew that 2 or 3 other people I know were going to be there, I'd be more tempted.

Pat

addbhp
04-26-2002, 12:07 PM
I actually did go out to Dexter's day, not knowing anyone, but once there I recognized a few cars from previous BMW schools. I think for the most part his run groups are pretty respectful of everyone there. Quite different having the ability to pass anywhere, once given the signal.

Once had a Porsche GT1 pass me along the fabi straight.....best thing to do, roll down your window and listen to that baby spool up*th-up*

M3ntal Kev
04-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by got torque?
I agree with Kevin, the old import vs. domestic thread has been overcooked.

Who's going to Mosport with the BWMCC at the end of May?

Anyone bringing new parts? new tricks? new tuning?

I'll be there... no new equipment but I'm hoping to learn a few new tricks.. ;)

DiggerW
05-01-2002, 11:00 AM
1st post for me... I just picked myself up off the floor. I had a great laugh at a few things here.
I will be at Mosport on May 31... see you there...