PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Newbie Questions

nnellans
12-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2002 325i 4-Door Sedan. This is the E46 body style, right? I'm interested in modifying but I want to start slow with some minor exterior mods. First I want to do is get clear tail lights. I searched for them and have found some but they all say up to 2001 model, none of the ones I've found are for my 2002 model. Can somebody please help me out and recommend some good ones that will fit on my car without much trouble?

Mystikal
12-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Yes, you have an E46. There was a facelift for 2002 models, and you fit into that category. The best fitment for clears are from the dealer, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You could go aftermarket, but I'm telling you, it won't fit as well as OEM.

Try Pacific BMW. They have some of the lowest prices. http://www.pacificbmw.com/parts/default.htm

Bliss
12-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Yes, you have an E46. There was a facelift for 2002 models, and you fit into that category. The best fitment for clears are from the dealer, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You could go aftermarket, but I'm telling you, it won't fit as well as OEM.

Try Pacific BMW. They have some of the lowest prices. http://www.pacificbmw.com/parts/default.htm

I must agree. Pacific bmw in LA *th-up*

nnellans
12-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal

Forgive my stupidity, but what exactly does a facelife include?

SpudBoy
12-04-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by nnellans
Forgive my stupidity, but what exactly does a facelife include?

Slight headlight shape is the main thing.

What colour is your car? I think clears look bad on certain colours.

AlpWhitE46
12-04-2003, 03:43 AM
yeah spud boy is right..
including the corners, and the rear lights.
here is my facelifted..

AlpWhitE46
12-04-2003, 03:45 AM
non-facelift (note this car is modified but it does not affect the face lift)

Mystikal
12-04-2003, 01:07 PM
C'mon man, the coupe's front is totally different in the first place! Here's a better example to illustrate the difference, my parent's E46:

nnellans
12-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Is the facelift something that a BMW dealer will do, or is there a package I need to purchase and have installed? Can anyone give me their opinion as to whether it's worth it or not? Is it strictly an appearance change?

AlpWhitE46
12-04-2003, 06:06 PM
your car is facelifted...the one mystikal posted is not...i don't understand your question.

nnellans
12-04-2003, 10:46 PM
My fault, I thought you meant the 2002 model *could* be facelifted. So it already is then? Is that why finding clears are tough? What other cool, but small, exterior mods do you suggest?

AlpWhitE46
12-04-2003, 10:49 PM
no no..2002 model is facelifted, the clears are pretty hard to find since not many people have the facelifted model modded (although you can find the clears in pretty much any mod shop)
for the other exterior mods...im not sure what kind of a bugget do you have approximately...
if you wish add me to msn..we can talk about it
icko33@hotmail.com