PDA

View Full Version : Foglight options for the e30......

BMW_M52_M20
11-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Well, I could use some better lighting on my e30 and wondering what I should do......I do like the stock ones that you can get, just because they look classic on the e30, but who are they made by? Hella? Bosch?

I also see in mine I have a factory pre installed fog light switch as well as wires and drilled holes into the bumper to mount the fog lights......
Any suggestions?

bmwm5lover
11-25-2003, 09:59 PM
i have two BOSCH lights from my old e28! Ill elt them go for 20$
Ones gotta small crack, but they still have no probs, AND they are fully adjustable.

Mystikal
11-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Foglights are made for lighting directly in front of the car, they won't help with your problem.

You need to upgrade the headlights themselves. Check out the Hella H4 low beams, they literally double the light thrown onto the road. You can find them for around $40-70 or so.

BMW_M52_M20
11-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Foglights are made for lighting directly in front of the car, they won't help with your problem.

You need to upgrade the headlights themselves. Check out the Hella H4 low beams, they literally double the light thrown onto the road. You can find them for around $40-70 or so.

Yeah I would probably just get them for looks, but what about these Hella H4 low beams?????? Where can I get them from?
Jay

Mystikal
11-26-2003, 02:35 AM
Bavarian Autosport (www.bavauto.com) has them for $49.95US, and they overprice everything.

I (actually, my dad, when he drove it) bought them locally a few years back from this place: http://www.raceraccessories.com/ Kinda far from you, but hey, maybe he'll ship it. It'll save you the BS duty fees and such.

85eta
12-03-2003, 02:43 AM
Definitely do the hella H4 upgrade, I have done it, and the lights are WAY better, plus you can put in your choice of bulbs. It is a simple plug and play installation too! Instead of "fog" lights, get driving lights, look the same but they give out much more light out in fron of the car than fog lights do.