PDA

View Full Version : Dynomat

Furious
04-22-2002, 06:51 PM
hey guys i decided to dynomat, my trunk,, and i noticed that when i did it it, helped quite abit,, now i still have a huge rattle behind my liecence plate,, where the lock mechanizim is,, what can i do to fix this,, its not the plate,,its behind it,, It is soo bad i had to face my subs forwards,, ,,,

oh ya i have 2 -12" JL W0's

tominizer
04-25-2002, 09:34 AM
Spray expanding foam on the inside of the trunk.......... inside the car. that usually does the trick. If you are ever in need of deadening again, email me first. Our club has access to something very similar that works awesome and it costs a fraction of the price.........

Adriano
04-27-2002, 12:01 PM
Please!! Don't use expanding foam as above post. This will screw up your locking mechanism believe me I know. I have had 2 customers just this year with jammed locks. Stinger / Dynamat and Fosgate sell expensive but very good performing sound foam that doesn't expand. Just remove the upulstry clips on your trunk and spray some around the locking unit NOT ON IT. You might also want to shove some fiberglass insulation behind there too. I worked for me and I'm hitten 153 DB with 2 - 12" MTXs.
Good luck

Furious
04-29-2002, 11:00 PM
thanks guys ill keep this in mind