PDA

View Full Version : LED Interior Mood-Lighting Project

djcontra
11-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I may have mentioned this project to some of you in person before at one of the meets. Well, I've finally started everything, and so far it's looking great!
Since this is a work-in-progress, I'll post the first finished mod, soon to be installed.

LEDs being used : Modified 5500mcd Red 5mm

1. Rear View Mirror mod

djcontra
11-24-2003, 10:51 PM

djcontra
11-24-2003, 10:51 PM

djcontra
11-24-2003, 10:52 PM

djcontra
11-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Last one for now. It wont be as bright in the car because the mirror will be much higher up, but it should flood the car with a nice mellow red glow.

djcontra
11-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Here is a picture of some of the LED modules I built a bunch of to light up the foot wells and other areas of the car. Because of their brightness, I really only need one, but I'm adding two per foot well to give it a more uniform light.
At first, like with the rear view mirror mod, the LEDs made too much of a circular pattern on the carpet, so I shaved down the LED almost right to the silicon, and now the create a nice flood of light. Shaving them down like this also avoids the rear view mirror leds from being seen inside/outside the car but their light is clearly visible.
Each has been backed with epoxy, and then velcro so I can attach and detach them with ease.
The picture is a little blurry, because these things are damn small! As well, my camera isn't focusing the best these days I'm finding :(

(yes the red tape has been replaced with shrink tubing!)

Mystikal
11-25-2003, 02:03 AM
Oooh, very nice. Wish I went through with it first, I'd never do it now.

Can't wait to see it in person. *th-up*

tiestoE36
11-25-2003, 04:56 AM
it looks amazing, i have been wanting to do that too, but i want to find a more orange light, all i can find are the standard, blue, yellow green adn red.