PDA

View Full Version : BC Auto Designs

M5 Fanatic
04-21-2002, 04:34 PM
Anybody been to BC autodesigns??? How r they? good prices??

Thanx
Dave.......Peace

-Real Rebels Ride Bavarian Rockets-

Lip
04-22-2002, 12:39 AM
*no-no* *no-no* *no-no* *no-no* *no-no* *no-no* *no-no*
TRUST ME!

Autotechnica
04-22-2002, 02:55 AM
mad expensive!!! I know Nelson, the guy that does the replica body kits at the BC auto shop (Techwell), even he rips me off! eg. replica fiberglass 1 peice DTM splitter ($480!). I could make one myself in my basement for less than $50!

Bryan

RC_Z3
04-23-2002, 03:26 PM
hey MTRD!

how much is the AC shift knob?.. and the AC pedals?..

EMPOWERD
04-23-2002, 03:49 PM
I've delt with Bell for years and it's hard to get good deals there. I find the most effective way for a caucasion to get a good deal is first call in and get the price he needs... Then come in with a wad of money that you're willing to pay (realistically!!) and fan it infront on Bell (owner) once the place gets empty from people looking around. Get his undivided attention and make it seem like you plan on buying other expensive things there in the near future. He also likes compliments on the new shop. Good luck... sometimes Bell is the only person to carry rare Japanese products and you have no choice but to deal with him.

Lip
04-23-2002, 04:10 PM
you don't want to buy rims, spring, shocks, exhast from them! if you haven't heard stories about them! just don't GO!

WASABI
04-24-2002, 12:03 AM
a few months ago, he likes cash deals, but I think he gives out prices based on his mood. I went there one time on a weekend, it was busy as hell, looking for rims and he quoted an outrageous price, came back during the week, and he gave me a totally different price. I've heard mixed reviews about his shop. But he does have a nice display of wheels. Call ahead like empowered said, and try to deal with Bell directly.

Gamite
04-24-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
I've delt with Bell for years and it's hard to get good deals there. I find the most effective way for a caucasion to get a good deal is first call in and get the price he needs... Then come in with a wad of money that you're willing to pay (realistically!!) and fan it infront on Bell (owner) once the place gets empty from people looking around. Get his undivided attention and make it seem like you plan on buying other expensive things there in the near future. He also likes compliments on the new shop. Good luck... sometimes Bell is the only person to carry rare Japanese products and you have no choice but to deal with him.

Haha, Check out this con artist! :P

Anyways, yeah they're pricey, from what I've heard, they're really nice when they wanna sell you something, but if something wrong happens, and you bring it back, they wont help you. I've heard of someone who bought rims from them, and one of them cracked! They didnt do a thing about it.

Autotechnica
04-24-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by RC_Z3
hey MTRD!

how much is the AC shift knob?.. and the AC pedals?..

Please email me.. mictech@accessv.com thanks!

tominizer
04-25-2002, 10:29 AM
NEver never buy there if you are a white boy............ like me. Never buy there period unless you really really have to. He's a thief he doesn't give a shyt about your car......... just your money.

Hmmmm, surprised at that comment about Nelson at Techwell. I'd like to hear more about that as I'm considering using his services. He quoted me $250 CAN to install and paint a bumper for my 2000 328i sedan and another $100 for some custom work to the bumper. Thoughts!??!??!

Autotechnica
04-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Nelson @ Techwell supplies BC Auto and Design with their fiberglass body kits. Nothing wrong with their quality, just that they are extremely overpriced.

One time my friend went to buy a fiberglass DTM front splitter for his E36 M3 from Nelson. The kit was very good quality and looked very nice. Only problem is that Nelson told us it was a real Racing Dynamics splitter. When we called Racing Dynamics to ask them if they made 3 piece fiberglass DTM splitters they said no, they only made the 1 peice ones. So another way they might try to rip you off and get away with charging those ridiculous prices.

Bryan