PDA

View Full Version : I need help with an amp install...

5PointOHNO
11-16-2003, 12:37 PM
hey guys, this weekend i'll be installing an amp in my buddies 325i ...

Problem is, i know nothing about bimmers... but im assuming they have a factory amp... probably in the trunk like the VW's?

Now... can anyone guide me to some links that would have info on how to wire up the amp? wether it be by RCA's or speaker signal.

he wants to retain the factory deck, and components too... he knows very little about his car, and isn't sure if he has a stock amp.

Thanks a lot.

DunDan
11-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Here you go

5PointOHNO
11-16-2003, 01:17 PM
thanks for the diagram, it'll come in handy...

so i take it the factory deck doesn't have an RCA out...

will i need to splice into the factory amp to get the signal? or do they make you buy special harnesses?

and where is this amp?

SickFinga
11-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Get a harness, never slice the wires.
and no, factory deck doesnt have rca outputs

5PointOHNO
11-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
Get a harness, never slice the wires.
and no, factory deck doesnt have rca outputs

are these harnesses easy to find (ie. future shop? Best Buy?)

BMW_M52_M20
11-18-2003, 02:42 AM
You will have to run a high low pass (speaker signal), you have to bypass the factory amp as well....Trust me, if he is keeping the factory deck it will be a real pain in the a##. I have looked into it myself....
Jay

suicide
11-18-2003, 05:13 AM
i did this when i first got my 93' 325i

i payed an installer to install an amp and a few subs while keeping everything stock.. BIG MISTAKE... took 2 weeks and cost me to much.. they had to use so many converters and run wires just to get the stock DECK working and the amp was much harder..

there are no RCA outputs on the factory deck/amp so don't look for them.. 2nd i think u can buy a $60 connector to convert to RCA don't do it its not worth it.. or u can make ur own but its bad quality and might screw up one day

go to futur shop, best buy, 2001 audio video, audio shops, etc..

buy a Factory to Aftermarkert Wiring Harness, u might have to special order it, depending..

then go buy a deck, then go buy a wiring kit 4-8 gauge and run it..

its very simple.. PM if u want details on how to..

sorry for the bad news :-( but its a BMW