PDA

View Full Version : Code for radio...please help

wastedincome420
11-14-2003, 12:46 PM
When I got my 87 325e the lady had told me she lost the code for the Anti-theft radio.....
I was wondering if any body knowsa way to get the code OTHER then bringing to a dealer*mumble*
I heard a myth bout pulling the radioo and looking for the code scribed into the casing backwards.....any truth?????

Lennon
11-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Pull it out and find out, if not, whats so bad about going to the dealer, at least they'll be able to help, and I doubt it will cost a lot, if they even charge you...

crusher
11-14-2003, 02:06 PM
When you pull out the radio it will have a serial number. Usually, you can ask a service advisor to get you the code for free.

BimmerBalla14
11-21-2003, 04:09 PM
i had to reset mine when i replaced my battery...just turn the car on accessories for about 45min, then enter in the code from which the dealer will give u if u give them ur vin (and then i wrote the code down in the owners manual for future reference)

Mclarenbenz
11-21-2003, 05:58 PM
like BimmerBalla14 says, there shouldnt be a problem with the dealer telling your the code as long as you prove to them that you are the legal owner of the vehicle, and make sure they don't charge you, its really not that hard to look up a simple code,