PDA

View Full Version : whistling sound

bmwm5lover
11-11-2003, 02:27 AM
Ok, here is the problem i have been having, that is really starting to bug me.
My car came with the Premium package, but sinc ei found the deck, and speakers to be shitty, i swapped the front for some infinity's, rear for some clarion's and my tweeters were changed too. Now, i installed my Sony, with my dad, but hte problem i have is, i hear my throttle in a high pitched whine.. Can anyone tell me how i can get rid of this annoying noise? the only way ro get rid of it now is by pumpiong up the music loud?
So, how can i get rid of it, and how much will it cost me?

BMW BMXer
11-11-2003, 02:36 AM
Alternator whine. Commonly caused by poor grounds.

bmwm5lover
11-11-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by BMW BMXer
Alternator whine. Commonly caused by poor grounds.
And how can it be fixed? ive heard of soemthing like a "cap" or w/e that is ran between the deck/speakers that gets rid of it? is that trye?

T-spec
11-11-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
Ok, here is the problem i have been having, that is really starting to bug me.
My car came with the Premium package, but sinc ei found the deck, and speakers to be shitty, i swapped the front for some infinity's, rear for some clarion's and my tweeters were changed too. Now, i installed my Sony, with my dad, but hte problem i have is, i hear my throttle in a high pitched whine.. Can anyone tell me how i can get rid of this annoying noise? the only way ro get rid of it now is by pumpiong up the music loud?
So, how can i get rid of it, and how much will it cost me?

DO NOT USE THE BMW FACTORY GROUND WIRE!!! they are notorious for engine noise. Wire the black wire from your deck directly to a solid chassis ground, do not tap into any other ground wires. If that doesn't fix your problem you need a noise suppresor that runs about $10.

bmwm5lover
11-11-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by T-spec
DO NOT USE THE BMW FACTORY GROUND WIRE!!! they are notorious for engine noise. Wire the black wire from your deck directly to a solid chassis ground, do not tap into any other ground wires. If that doesn't fix your problem you need a noise suppresor that runs about $10.
you got a PM!

BMW_M52_M20
11-11-2003, 10:14 PM
A cap won't make any difference, that shows your power consumption and Volts, It is interference, yes make sure you have a good thick ground, in the e30 I did mine to where the battery is grounded in the trunk at the rear of the trunk.

Also, this is the part where you don't cheap out on crappy wiring......make sure you have good speaker wire and RCA's........You have nice speakers, infinity are great!

NickP
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Did you rewire the speakers to the deck? If not I would do this as well since the factory wiring is common ground

Jon@Bimmersport
11-13-2003, 08:05 PM
maybe its your imaginary supercharger :D

suicide
11-18-2003, 05:16 AM
POWER/GROUND (Driver Side) RCA'S (Passenger Side)

if ur running both on one side u will get that sound..

Also check were ur power wire and Fuse are running in the engine bay..

do you have CAI (Intake) make sure the power wire is no were near it..

Miguel
11-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Does the whistle go woo-woo