PDA

View Full Version : OK, what should I do.


BMW_7
11-07-2003, 08:17 PM
I'm gonna get my gray stuff painted & get my lip put on. This is probably as far as I will go with the bodywork... (pk well maybe a window spoiler :))

OK, now... I always wanted to put the subtle M stripes below the headlight... That's gotta stay. Now I debated wheter to do the same for the rear? The contours of the tail light looks slanted from the back, so I feel it will not go well with the lines?

I also thought of putting that same decal on the lip. Would it look good? Or should I put a maxbimmer sticker there AKA Mikester? (do you know if it will stay on well during the winter?)

Feedback/photoshopping appreciated..

HooliGaN*
11-07-2003, 08:36 PM
what lip is that?
and how much is it?

Julian

BMW_7
11-08-2003, 01:45 AM
I got a replica from GaugeCo...It was $200. I went with it because I thought I will put a decal of some kind on it. It looks like it will have no problem fitting. Or you can go with AMI Motorsports and get one for $300 It is ABS plastic.

HooliGaN*
11-08-2003, 03:32 PM
ya i know about ami's lips
i think im gonna get one of those

your is a replica though?


Julian

bmwm5lover
11-08-2003, 07:41 PM
1)Your car is GREEN! For crying out loud, the M colours would like shyt on it.--> Paint it white/black/red/blue/silver or something like that
2) You are driving a 318i(not even an S), the M colours absolutely do not belong on it.
3)I like your rims, best thing about your car by far.
4)Lip will look good, but you have to do something about the sides(skirts?)
5) Do as you please...

Jon@Bimmersport
11-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
1)Your car is GREEN! For crying out loud, the M colours would like shyt on it.--> Paint it white/black/red/blue/silver or something like that
2) You are driving a 318i(not even an S), the M colours absolutely do not belong on it.

you were driving 533iS..not M5...there was M5 badge

You are driving 325is with no mods except eyelids, but theres an M badge..

wats the difference between his and your mods? NONE..

btw..green is a nice colour when its modded right...stop trying to take cheap shots because he emabarrased u with his sig

bmwm5lover
11-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
you were driving 533iS..not M5...there was M5 badge

You are driving 325is with no mods except eyelids, but theres an M badge..

wats the difference between his and your mods? NONE..
i WAS driving one, not anymore.....Ive out grown it....
and there was not M5 badge....there was an M badge.

My car has M badge that came with it, factory
I also got K/N (isnt that considered a Mod?:rolleyes: )

difference is my car is closer to an M3 than his car, in every aspect.... PLUS, i gave him my honest opinion..Isnt that waht he asked for?:confused:

Jon@Bimmersport
11-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
difference is my car is closer to an M3 than his car, in every aspect....

minus the interior, exterior, the motor, basically the whole damn car

E36 M3 isnt far off from 318...change the suspension, and motor, and bumpers..and u got urself an M3..

bmwm5lover
11-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
minus the interior, exterior, the motor, basically the whole damn car

E36 M3 isnt far off from 318...change the suspension, and motor, and bumpers..and u got urself an M3..

Interior of the M3 and the 325is is 90% the same(recaro's, steerign wheel, etc), also, according to rob, the ~front suspension of the 325iS and the M3 is ~identical. yes, exterior is quite different due to the huge wing, , fenders, and trunk lid. Also dont forget the rims stock for stock ;)

Jon@Bimmersport
11-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
Interior of the M3 and the 325is is 90% the same(recaro's, steerign wheel, etc), also, according to rob, the ~front suspension of the 325iS and the M3 is ~identical. yes, exterior is quite different due to the huge wing, , fenders, and trunk lid. Also dont forget the rims stock for stock ;)

the fenders make a HUGE difference..in performance and looks..as well as the wing, the trunk is smalller, the whole rear glass is at a different angle, the brakes too.

bmwm5lover
11-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
the fenders make a HUGE difference..in performance and looks..as well as the wing, the trunk is smalller, the whole rear glass is at a different angle, the brakes too.
o ya, the brakes, that slipped my mind, but the rims looks wise look the same, except the fact that the damn e30's are 4 bolt*mumble*

bart320i
11-09-2003, 02:33 AM
that M colour idea looks cheap and ricey. I would never do that to any bimmer

mkgino
11-09-2003, 02:42 AM
yeah, stripes look dumb

///Milk
11-09-2003, 04:32 AM
get rid of stripes..that all...like other ppl saying

Mitch555
11-09-2003, 07:47 AM
Ghey Idea.

SickFinga
11-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
i WAS driving one, not anymore.....Ive out grown it....
and there was not M5 badge....there was an M badge.

My car has M badge that came with it, factory
=

No it didnt come with M from the factory

bmwm5lover
11-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
No it didnt come with M from the factory
next time i see , ill show it to you!

SickFinga
11-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
next time i see , ill show it to you!

e30 didnot come with M badges on the grill
You might have M on the steering wheel or shiftknob.

bmwm5lover
11-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
e30 didnot come with M badges on the grill
You might have M on the steering wheel or shiftknob. im tlaking about interior, not exterior. yes, the gril M badge i put there, but the way i see it, if the car came with interior M badges, whats an grill badge gonna do?:D