PDA

View Full Version : RADAR DETECTOR for sale (again)

EMPOWERD
04-18-2002, 01:11 AM
Beltronics 855STI

Bell's top of the line model in '98/'99. Owned it for 3 years (hardly used it).... got a Valentine One now, so I'm selling off all my other detectors.

Price:

More Info.... (http://www.arnesta.freeserve.co.uk/bel.htm) SOLD

Need_To
05-09-2002, 12:29 PM
Thinking about your Bel 855STI detector, the V1 is a better detector however the Bel may be good enough for now. What features/functions does the V1 have that the Bell does not???

EMPOWERD
05-10-2002, 10:25 AM
It's not so much the number of features the V1 has more than the Bell, it's really the number of false alarms the V1 gives off and the sensitivity range it picks up the cops that really stands out. They both kick ass on the feature list. The 2 features that stand out the most on the V1 is the directional alert arrows to tell you where the radar signal is coming from and how many cops there are... the other is a volume knob so you can fine adjust the volume level opposed to low, med, high on the Bell. That's about it.

Kal
08-14-2002, 02:33 AM
r u still sellin it?

EMPOWERD
08-14-2002, 02:53 PM
Sorry Kal, I posted this thread about 5months ago and it was sold within the first few days. I'll delete it after you've read this.

Randy

Gamite
08-14-2002, 03:15 PM
or you could just write "SOLD" in big bold letters, like everyone else does dummy!! :D

Polish
08-14-2002, 03:36 PM
how much is a valetine detector, and where can i get them, im new to this type of thing, so whats the difference between a good one and a shit one.

EMPOWERD
08-14-2002, 07:22 PM
The Valentine One can only be bought from it's manufacturer in Cincinnatti, Ohio. It costs $400 U.S. +tax. (Almost $700 CDN) Is it worth it? Probably not that much, but top-of-the-line detectors from BELtronics, Passport, Whistler etc... also cost around the $300 U.S. range. For an extra $100 U.S. I sure am glad I bought it. The BEL 855sti that I sold (former top model) wasn't as sensitive as the Val-1 and sent off twice as many false alarms (really annoying). The best part of the Val-1 is the fact that it tells you were the cop is and how many cops its picking up! I thought that alone was worth it. You really have to live with both of them for a month to really appreciate the Val-1.

P.S. All the top model are undetectable.