PDA

View Full Version : Audio on e36

E36_M_Power
11-02-2003, 06:28 PM
I have a OEM tape deck on 1996 318is, should I get a OEM CD changer or buy another cd player? thx

Mystikal
11-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Buy a new headunit, you'll be amazed at how much the sound will improve.

illevated23
11-03-2003, 02:41 AM
ya i had the same situation
jus buy a new deck for better sound quality

Mitch555
11-03-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by E36_M_Power
I have a OEM tape deck on 1996 318is, should I get a OEM CD changer or buy another cd player? thx

How much do you want to spend on a new deck?

E36_M_Power
11-03-2003, 05:11 AM
look, I just need to play a cd thats all, I reli want to keep the original look, how much would a cd changer cost? is it ez to install?
if buying a cd player I am planning to buy a Blaupunkt around 200.
Thx for helping guys.

Mitch555
11-03-2003, 06:03 AM
look, I just need to play a cd thats all, I reli want to keep the original look, how much would a cd changer cost? is it ez to install?
if buying a cd player I am planning to buy a Blaupunkt around 200.
Thx for helping guys.

Easy there buddy! I asked you what your budget is for getting a new deck so I could help you in finding a nice one for your car but you tweaked out a little bit for some odd reason.

E36_M_Power
11-03-2003, 06:36 AM
ah...sorry I didn't meant anything by that...maybe I should go back to ESL....? LOL

Mitch555
11-03-2003, 06:55 AM
ah...sorry I didn't meant anything by that...maybe I should go back to ESL....? LOL

It's all good. Don't worry bout it. *th-up*

Anywhooz... So you want an aftermarket deck that will look stock? What price range are you looking at for spending on a new deck? $200 tops? CD changers are alright if you don't switch cd's all to often. I hate when you wanna listen to a new CD and itz not in the changer. You gotta get outta the car and go to the trunk to change it. In all honesty... having an in car cd player is so much more convenient.

E36_M_Power
11-03-2003, 07:05 AM
But I think 6cd changer is enough for me, I don't have much cds, not a music worm. Not sure about installation tho, if I have go thru wire from the front all the way to the trunk...too complicated...I will just gonna listen to tapes or buy a new cd player, I bought some tapes.
A cd player will be alrite, but I like blaupunkt, its cheap and good song quality, looking isn't important. Clarion Nakamichi Alpine are too expensive...and somehow I don't reli want a 2nd hand...a bit too picky.
200bucks is how much I can afford rite now, I spent all the money into performance and tires etc.
I was thinkin to buy a OEM CD deck, but its gonna cost a fortune rite?
Thx for help me out.

Mystikal
11-03-2003, 01:47 PM
A changer will cost you more than any half decent deck. Go buy a low end Alpine, they have to be around 200.

Mitch555
11-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Even look into the low end Pioneer decks. Pioneer are my fav decks out there so far. JVC makes a few good decks too. Blaupunkt will have that OEM look if thatz what you want. Stop by your nearest Futureshop or Bestbuy and check out their car audio section, or even a car audio store in your area. Thatz prolly your best bet for now. I'd go with a cd head unit over a cd changer in the trunk.

Mystikal
11-03-2003, 04:15 PM
In my experience, Pioneer only puts their effort into their higher end models, i.e. the Premier line. The lower ones are built a little cheap.

I currently have a JVC, and they pack a lot of features for the price. But the less-published specs, like total harmonic distortion, are pretty bad compared to the other brands.

Kenwood's in general have amazing sound quality. I just hate their design.

Blaupunkts look great but their benefits end right there.

This leaves the Alpines. Across the line they have solid looks, well-built faces, and very good if not excellent sound specs. My next deck will be an Alpine.

koncise
11-03-2003, 04:39 PM
An entry level eclipse deck would be a good choice. Wont have all the little extra's, but you cant top their sound quality.

///MAGAKS
11-03-2003, 04:58 PM
That would be a good choice.... i have an eclipse deck in my car and it made a big difference

Originally posted by koncise
An enty level eclipse deck would be a good choice. Wont have all the little extra's, but you cant top their sound quality.

Gizmo
11-03-2003, 06:28 PM
I've got the best of both worlds... I have a Pioneer Premier DEH-740MP which is a frontloader and MP3 in one, in the boot I have a 12disc cd text shuttle connected. The head unit has amazing quality but if I had the money I would go Nakamichi, their decks look more OEM and they have the best sound I've ever heard.

E36_M_Power
11-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ///MAGAKS
That would be a good choice.... i have an eclipse deck in my car and it made a big difference
Wuts a eclipse deck? :eek:

koncise
11-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Wuts a eclipse deck? :eek:

http://www.eclipse-web.com/

6cylinder
11-08-2003, 02:01 PM
I just installed an Alpine deck, And all I can say is wow. A little over budget but I was not dissapointed. And in my opion forget about the changer MP3 all the way....