PDA

View Full Version : E36 factory stero in an E30?

OTTO
04-17-2002, 08:33 PM
dunno if anyone has ever done this before?

any info...?

or just tell me to forget it cause it just won't work..so i won't have to go find an e36 and start measuring

how bout an e46? (might as well ask)

thanks thanks

otto

KIRASIR
04-17-2002, 11:04 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you have the code for the stereo.

SL

SickFinga
04-18-2002, 01:29 AM
You can install Boeing 747 radio in your car, some rewireing will be needed.
But why do u wanna buy OEM radio?
They sucks and they cost more than aftermarket stuff.
My bro wanted stock cd player in his 00 Neon. OEM cd deck for neon cost $900.
For 900 yo can have bad ass deck in you car

OTTO
04-18-2002, 08:20 AM
true...for the orginal price of oem, there are alot of possibilites but i don't really need anything too fancy...

on the other hand..the HK sound systems on the new bimmers sound really nice just wondering if that would be a possiblity if one ever came along.

but besides the wiring, it should be a straigt install right, i mean the physical aspects....cause those newer ones look built into the dash and i don't want to cut anything on my orginal dash

otto

BMW BMXer
04-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Wiring up a simple aftermarket system is fairly easy, and there is most likley an aftermarket deck that will fit in your car no probs, actually Im about 100% sure there is..since there was a lot for my 85..

SickFinga
04-18-2002, 03:39 PM
there are 3 standart sizes.
bimmer use european standart, small deck
so any small dek will fit in you car with no problems

OTTO
04-18-2002, 08:33 PM
thanks everyone for all the input..

one other question..i have seen some e30's w/ aftermarket radios and some of them tend to stick out of the console....

this is the reason why i don't want to get an aftermarket one cause i want to keep the car looking 'clean'.....

is the unit sticking out b/c of poor installation or just that there isn't much space back there?

otto