PDA

View Full Version : winter mod


tiestoE36
10-30-2003, 12:03 AM
here are some piccs of the my new shifter.

tiestoE36
10-30-2003, 12:04 AM
another

///MsAniTy
10-30-2003, 01:03 AM
hey where did u get it and for how much?

mkgino
10-30-2003, 01:16 AM
Haha, nice I have the same one. Not as brignt as u thought it would be huh??

DAM
10-30-2003, 01:39 AM
Man, that is sweet

tiestoE36
10-30-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by mkgino
Haha, nice I have the same one. Not as brignt as u thought it would be huh??

lol so true


i got it from the BMW dealership, for $230, actually that was the cheapest i could find it.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-30-2003, 01:58 AM
post pics of ur full car..if u dont mind

BMW BMXer
10-30-2003, 02:11 AM
230!!

Sheesh.

GimpZ3
11-01-2003, 02:02 AM
I have an extra black M3 illuminated leather shifter (barely even used) from my ///M with all the wiring etc for $125.


(but unfortunatley I had to cut the connector off the wiring, but it it isn't a problem b/c you can tap into any dash illuminating wires to power it...or resolder the connector back on).

email or pm me if any of you are interested in it!

ian.lam@utoronto.ca

tiestoE36
11-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by GimpZ3
I have an extra black M3 illuminated leather shifter (barely even used) from my ///M with all the wiring etc for $125.


(but unfortunatley I had to cut the connector off the wiring, but it it isn't a problem b/c you can tap into any dash illuminating wires to power it...or resolder the connector back on).

email or pm me if any of you are interested in it!

ian.lam@utoronto.ca


oohhh man why didnt you tell me before, i would have bought it from you.*mumble*

devarato
11-01-2003, 11:31 AM
hahaha my mate and i just did that to my shifter for just $10..... as opposed to $500 from the stealer here in nz!!! i'll post some pics soon!!!! it looks just as good!

nzer
11-01-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by devarato
hahaha my mate and i just did that to my shifter for just $10..... as opposed to $500 from the stealer here in nz!!! i'll post some pics soon!!!! it looks just as good!

its the easiest thing to do. Esp on E30 knobs but not to bad on E36 either.. just more of a tight fit.

BMW_M52_M20
11-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Man to have your gears light up for 230$, No thanks.
Looks good, couldn't justify spending 230 on a shift knob
Jay

adeelpowers
11-04-2003, 03:09 PM
how would you do it for $10?

please explain!

BMW BMXer
11-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Basically you scratch out the numbers on the top of the stock shifter so its clear then pop an led bulb in the shift knob.