PDA

View Full Version : Results of First Markham meet......

EMPOWERD
12-21-2001, 11:52 PM
It was good to put a face to a name now, there were initially 12 to 13 BMW's and 3 Civic (coupe/hatch/wagon) I may have missed some people because I was late too.

two E46 M3s ?
one E46 330i azn330i
one E36 318i MTRD
one E36 320i BimmerBoy
four E36 328i 328DTM and SimSimma and ? ?
two E36 M3s Alex Hsu and ?
one M-roadster I forget his name
one E34 535i Gamite
civic1 Straight_6 and G/F
civic2 ///Compact and BLISS
civic3 YOURS TRULY --- ME!

We froze to death waiting for civic2 in the parking lot. Finally left and caused a bunch of shit on the drive to D&B. I raced Gamite and pulled him 1 car length, then caught up to a lone tricked out Furious-and-not-so-Fast Civic on Hwy7, so I had to beat his too -- three times.

D&B was cool even though hardly nobody played games... preferred to watch me waste my money. Waited 2 hrs for our table and had a nice chat and food sampling:D with the boys talking about ROB89M3 the whole time:huh?: and harassing hot Gina chicks walking by. Then discussed the $250.00 bill :confused: for another 45 min and then stood outside in the cold for another 30min talking about clear markers and coilovers (I was in my wheelchair). That's pretty much it. Care to add anything guys? PICS maybe?

Autotechnica
12-22-2001, 12:02 AM
Hey Randy, I admit it wasn't the best meet, but its my first so not too bad eh? :) Its just that a few guys left so quickly b/c of christmas shopping, Alex!!! When you guys went into Dave n Busters a few others dropped by just to say hi then left.

I'm going to attempt to upload the pictures using my dial up, so you will probably see them in the morning hehe.

Hope you guys had fun, if you didn't freeze to death.

Bryan

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:04 AM
Dude, that's some crazy waggon u gots there.

I thought dinner was really good, really got to know ppl.

How fast were you going down 400? I was behind you guys initially, but I turned my head and poof, you guys were gone!

Anyways! On with the pics!! Here we gooooooo

This is at First Markham Place.

EMPOWERD
12-22-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Sorry to upset you guys, but work first,then play...:) There's always a next time.....

You said you had to work till 5:00! You shoulda still tried to make it. BLISS stiffed his Grandma's airport welcome party tonight to be with the ones he really loves.*th-up* If that's not dedication... HeHeHe. J/K.

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:06 AM
First Markham Place

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:07 AM
Dave and Busters . . .. . Thats MTRD's leg --->

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:08 AM
Dave and Busters

<----Randy's civic that busted my ass.

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:09 AM
Dave and Busters

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:13 AM
I had to take the pics at a really high exposure rate, which explains
blurryness (I moved)
ghost images (first one where some guy moved into the shot half way through)
and the way the exhaust looks

EMPOWERD
I was off the speed limiter pretty much the whole way from Steeles to the 401 (185km/h). My friend Mike in the dumped Violet 328is passed me on his limiter (210km/h) and Dan's Civic was right there too. I didn't see anyone else behind??:rolleyes:

Autotechnica
Thanx for the pics Gamite, saved me a lot of time!

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:15 AM
One more at Dave and Busters, forgot about it.

EMPOWERD
12-22-2001, 12:16 AM
Hey Randy,
Don't get me wrong, I am a hardcore bimmer enthusiast,but I can't make every single meet there is...there's always gonna be a time where one cannot make the meet, that doesn't mean I am not dedicated..there weren't any e30's anyways so I don't feel that bad.

Btw, you already know who I am anyways ...the otheres will just wait a bit longer, (Speedorama??) that's all!:)

see ya ...

Rob

DUDE!

Easy.. I was just joking about everything. I honestly thought you said you're off at 5:00 and I was expecting Cameo appearance at D&B. Don't worry about it.... I was seriously joking.... I'm sure everyone knows how much of an idiot I am when it comes to smart-ass remarks.

It's all good... sorry.

Gamite
12-22-2001, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
I was off the speed limiter pretty much the whole way from Steeles to the 401 (185km/h). My friend Mike in the dumped Violet 328is passed me on his limiter (210km/h) and Dan's Civic was right there too. I didn't see anyone else behind??:rolleyes:

No wonder, was going 160km/h and you guys just dissapeard, I caught up to the civic on the offramp. But I got off at Weston Rd where I live.

SimmSimma
12-22-2001, 12:33 AM
Look at that car with amber corners....isn't that original?

:)
Raf*uzi*

Autotechnica
12-22-2001, 12:36 AM
don't worry, I'll hook you up!

My pictures came out looking exactly like Gamites so no point in posting mine.

Bryan

Bliss
12-22-2001, 02:41 AM
Hey guys! Thought it was a cool meet, and finally got to meet a whole bunch of members from the board. Unfortunatly me and Dan came a bit late and missed a few people, and we made some poeple wait outside in the freezing cold...i swear, it was the traffic, haha. Anyways as we pulled up in Dan's WARM and TOASTY civic, i got to meet some new faces, like Gamite and MTRD, and alot more when we got to D&B. It was a really good dinner though, and gave us a chance to discuss some issues about Rob...HAHA, just joking. Thanks Gamite and MTRD for organizing the event. *th-up* and thanks for the pics.

///Compact
12-23-2001, 01:20 AM
Your right it was good to put a face to a name. We have to do this again soon, maybe we can pick a day that will be just a little bit warmer. You forgot to tell every one how Bliss and I beat you and Straight_6 at your own game HA HA HA.:cool:

Gamite
12-23-2001, 01:49 AM
///compact, you punk, burned out right in front of mee!!! Man that stank hard. :cool:

Dude, where's the video's? I only see 3 in the video section?

Autotechnica
12-23-2001, 02:26 AM
Hey Stanley, what happened to you? I was kind of looking forward to seeing more of your car. You didn't come back did ya? :mad:

Haha, don't worry about it, I just wish we had more unique BMW's there, too bad Randy couldn't drive his E30 there, that would have been amazing!

Bryan:)

M3ntal Kev
12-23-2001, 12:11 PM
Sorry to upset you guys, but work first,then play...:) There's always a next time.....

Same here guys... next time for sure... (BTW, the M3 was getting some new binders at the time).

M3ntal Kev
12-24-2001, 08:25 AM
Binders?whats that?

Binders = Brakes *th-up*

GR8 Ride
12-27-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by empowerd

Wait a minute....all that power, and you're limited to 185 Km/h? So, is that rev limiter, or engine limiter? The 3.2 US Spec shouldn't be limited to anything less than 250 km/h, and I would have thought your car had the balls to get there...

Or is the limiter something you've put in place to keep the life of the engine intact? Unless you're geared ultra-short in the final drive (which the 325e was....); I thought you would have swapped that out?

Man, 185 km/h; that's gonna suck on the back straight at Mosport....

Just curious, as that sounds unusual for you...

Pat

*wave*

GR8 Ride
12-27-2001, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev

Binders = Brakes *th-up*

Kev, I've been trying to get ahold of you about that.

I was in the shop the other day while little Steve was installing those.

Why the Brembo's, and not AP Racing (or similar)? And if you don't mind, how much? and where (Canada, US)?

Thanks,

Pat

PS. The car looks good; I didn't realize you had gone whole hog with the cage and interior.

EMPOWERD
12-27-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Bad-Karma

Wait a minute....all that power, and you're limited to 185 Km/h? So, is that rev limiter, or engine limiter? The 3.2 US Spec shouldn't be limited to anything less than 250 km/h, and I would have thought your car had the balls to get there...

Or is the limiter something you've put in place to keep the life of the engine intact? Unless you're geared ultra-short in the final drive (which the 325e was....); I thought you would have swapped that out?

Man, 185 km/h; that's gonna suck on the back straight at Mosport....

Just curious, as that sounds unusual for you...

Pat

*wave*

Hi Pat,

Hope you had a great Christmas. I understand you confusion about the limiter driving down the 400. I did have a 4.24LSD rear end in the car in the spring which limited the car to about 200 (a little on the short side for Mosport). After I installed the blower and did the head work, things had to change drastically because 1st gear was useless. Now I've installed a 3.23LSD and am contenet with it. The speed governor that kicked in (computer controlled) the other day on the 400 HWY was actually on my Honda Wagon. The Bimmer has been stored for the season for weeks. If you view the video in the video section, you can see some of the excitment that took place that evening.

Have a safe and happy New Year...

Randy

GR8 Ride
12-27-2001, 02:06 PM
Now that makes a bit more sense. As you said, with the 4.24 LSD rear diff, even the 3.2L would be pretty short..

Could make for an interesting burn-out in first gear though...

With the 3.23 LSD in there, (and forced air), your max should be a little closer to 280 or so.

Sorry, based on the thread, I thought you had taken your car to this event. I didn't know you were in the "winter beater".

Pat

M3ntal Kev
12-27-2001, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Bad-Karma

Kev, I've been trying to get ahold of you about that.

I was in the shop the other day while little Steve was installing those.

Why the Brembo's, and not AP Racing (or similar)? And if you don't mind, how much? and where (Canada, US)?

Thanks,

Pat

PS. The car looks good; I didn't realize you had gone whole hog with the cage and interior.

Pat,

Thanks for the kind words.

I went with Brembos because I got a fairly decent deal on them. John would have loved for me to buy APs from him but wanted close to $4k for the AP stuff.

I ended up buying the Brembos (which are also not a bad name in the brake world) for about $2700.

The kit was developed by Race Technologies in Cali on the e30 M3 of a firend on mine. The 13" rotor is the same as used by the Mustang Cobra-R. Mine are one piece rotors and can easily be swapped for a 2-pc. setup also used by Brembo on the Cobra-R. The caliper is 4-piston and is the same as used on the Dodge Viper kit.

I'm hoping that the kit is overkill, like everything else I've tried to do with the M3.

PS - Whole hog? Is there any other way?!?! You obviously know what I mean!

*wave*

EMPOWERD
12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
stumbled on this old thread by accident... does anyone remember this meet? It was maXbimmer's first official meet (Dec 22nd, 2001) -- almost exactly 3 years ago.

Quack
12-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I was wondering what the hell I was looking at till I saw the date this meet happened, I wasn't even part of MAX yet, I was still driving my Lexus LS400 at that time

Autotechnica
12-20-2004, 11:02 PM
LOL... didn't Gamite and I start this meet? Wow, we were like the first members here along with Randy.

Slowered318
12-20-2004, 11:38 PM
WHAT1?!?!?!? WHEN did this happen? and when did randy start driving a civic?

what's going on here!

T.Dot_E30
12-20-2004, 11:52 PM
lol i was like damn gamite took off everything on this car, the sides the front, his smoked headlights, the tails, even the HIDs....and raised it upto stock height. lol

I was like :huh?: , then i saw 2001 *shiner*

Gianpaolo_E46
12-21-2004, 12:23 AM
lol i was wondering why the post was from december 22, and it was only the 21st, then noticed it was 2001

Eurostyle
12-21-2004, 01:13 AM
dam...thats an old thread!!! few months before i even joined Max!! :D

330DTM
12-21-2004, 03:23 AM
Haha I remember this meet. It was so freaking cold and the parking lot was packed.

My buddy made a video of the cruise to D&B, nothing too special.

But it was sick when Bliss's buddy did a standing still burnout w/his SIR and Randy raced another Civic I think w/the Egg. Good old times!

SpoolinS6
12-21-2004, 04:31 AM
damn when was this i totaly missed it ! :(

Quack
12-21-2004, 08:23 AM
damn when was this i totaly missed it ! :(

yeah by like 3 years :D

KIRASIR
12-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Another meet I never went to. Nothing changed. :)

SL

stumbled on this old thread by accident... does anyone remember this meet? It was maXbimmer's first official meet (Dec 22nd, 2001) -- almost exactly 3 years ago.

BMW_7
12-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Haha, that's cool, I still remember when Randy had the eggy!

crusher
12-22-2004, 03:05 PM
A few months before I joined max, I believe I just started working from my current work. looks like a good turnout hehe

cdne30
01-11-2005, 03:52 AM
who had the blue e36 m3 with the ///M striping on the hood???
can you please email me more pictures of the decals???

todd_gordo@hotmail.com