PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e36_freak
04-12-2002, 01:42 AM
i'm having a lil problem on deciding what color to pick for my bimma. right now it's like burgendy red......well whatever u call this red.... but as many of you know i'm redoing my car....new skirtpackages etc etc............. and i really want to paint my car because there's a few dents on it from shit dropping on it n stuff... i'm thinking of like the new M3 metallic blue.......keep the color i have..... or something else.... what do you guys think??? please give input really appreciate it... thanx :rolleyes: :idea: :cool:

djcontra
04-12-2002, 10:16 AM
It all depends on the ammount of money you want to spend. I personally dont like spending $3000 on a paintjob...it just makes me cringe. I'd rather put that 3 grand towards something else.

A colour change is really expensive....to do properly. If you cheap out on it expect overspray, and some spots not being painted (like under the hood etc)

Your colour can be made to look very nice. I would repaint it the same colour with some metcallic flecks in the paint, and get a pearl clear coat or 4 layers of clear to give it that expensive wet look.

i might pearlize my car, but i'm not sure yet...

i've been quoted for a completed respray with dents removed and scratches fixed for $800 which isn't bad
it's from the same guy who did my red fiero (you can see it in the rides section)

MP525i
04-12-2002, 02:40 PM
Repainting the car the exact same color would save money, but I bet you're tired of that color. I would go with the new Topaz Blue. Whatever I decide, 3.6L swap into my E34 525 and mod that out OR buy a 98 M coupe and send it to activeautowerkes, I will be painting it Topaz Blue. Ever since I saw that crazy E46 coupe on this home page I adore that color now.... :rolleyes: maybe even more than the Ferrari yellow paint which I had in mind.

Think I should keep the E34??
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/MP525i/carfront.jpg

djcontra
04-12-2002, 07:22 PM
see if you can rent an m-coupe for a day or so to get the feel for it, or test drive one. there is a definate difference between a 5er and a roadster. I personally, being young and addicted to speed, would get the m-coupe if i could afford one. I used to think they looked weird, but now i love the wide fenders and everything! i think they look sick!

SickFinga
04-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Laguna Seca Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e36_freak
04-12-2002, 08:09 PM
hummm......... i like my color cuz there's not that many bimmers out there with this color..... still deciding....thanx for the input guys.....;)

Bliss
04-13-2002, 01:28 PM
Topaz blue:puke: :D

M-sport
04-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Carbon Black!!!! oooooh!aaaaah!:D

M5 Fanatic
04-21-2002, 03:29 PM
DUDE....M3 blue or Midnight Montreal blue......DO IT!*th-up*

'88 325e
04-21-2002, 04:38 PM
Why don't you keep your colour and get some crazy pearl coat?

:idea:

330DTM
04-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Hmm since your car is already somewhat of a shade of red,
why not try HELLROT RED, similar to Willy's 328i on dtmpower. I like that red :P