PDA

View Full Version : Tint Spotting

chitown
10-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Got my windows tinted on friday night at a place called the Tint Shop in Kitchener. Anyway, it's been a couple days and today I took the car out and I noticed there's small circle spots all over the tint, at first I thought this was water spots from the outside from the rain on friday but it's not.

Is the tint still drying or is it bubbling already?

STALKER
10-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Most spots will go away while trying. If the installer was not really thorough, then you might have a few here and there, especially in the rear window. I just mine done last Friday, and there are barely any, the install was great.

chitown
10-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Yeah I'll see. THe guy went over some of the dotmatrix areas and looks like shit especially in the rear...

What %'s did you get? I got 5% on the back and rear sides, 35% on driver/passenger window. I don't think I'm liking it much..

chitown
10-07-2003, 10:37 PM
My driveway got paved today, and looking at my car parked on the street, I'm starting to dislike the dark limo tint at the back. I think 35% around might be what I'm looking for. It's been a few days since I got it tinted with the minor problems, does anyone think that any reputable place should remove the tint for me and replace it with lighter film?

STALKER
10-07-2003, 11:34 PM
I got 50% Formula One ultimate grade tint. Looks amazing. I didnt want the dark look. I also saw the 38% in the same grade and it was very nice aswell.