PDA

View Full Version : e30 headlights

E30ZeRo
09-24-2003, 01:26 AM
i was wondering if it was legal in the US to remove the inner headlights from an e30, that way i could easily put a fat K&N cone filter right there, any help is appreciated

notmpowered
09-24-2003, 02:29 AM
I think it is but honestly it will not help any thing really. Just put a cone filter with a heatsheild and it will do just as good of a job without making your car look rediculous. E30s with missing headlights=*thmbsdwn*

Mystikal
09-24-2003, 02:54 AM
All you need to remove is the drivers side high beam. There are mesh grills sold on ebay that will make it almost appear to have a light there so it's not as odd looking. This is by far the best way to true cold air.

And driving with one high beam isn't nearly as bad as you think. They are aimed so high and center that you will barely notice the difference. Hell, I've had one out for about a year now and just replaced it tonight.

E30ZeRo
09-25-2003, 08:44 PM
yea the reason for that is because itd be impossible to fit a cone filter in the space due to the abs control thing.

Mystikal
09-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by E30ZeRo
yea the reason for that is because itd be impossible to fit a cone filter in the space due to the abs control thing.

In what space? A cone will bolt right in without any modifications.