PDA

View Full Version : ok guys help me out pls, re: paint

SebSter
09-23-2003, 09:44 PM
well ive decided now, next thing on my list is paintjob. I'm gonna start saving now, and by christmas time i will likely have around 1000 dollars to spend on it.

now i know its not enough to get the best paint in the world, but can anyone reccomend some places that will do a good job within this price range?

another thing is color, should i keep it the same and just get a respray? or should i go for a new color? some colors i have in mind, if i get a new color, are: e36m3 yellow..a dark deep black... or a blue along the liines of empowered's e30..

anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? and maybe some places that would do it within my budget? (i already have some places but i know a lot of people here have repainted their cars so i wanna hear as many suggestions as i can get)

thanks,
seb

808BMW
09-24-2003, 02:00 AM
Find someone with a booth (Or build your own) and do all the prep work yourself, buy all your own materials, and spray it yourself. You could get a decent job for $1000

SebSter
09-24-2003, 01:36 PM
^^

Mystikal
09-24-2003, 01:52 PM
The problem with changing colours with a respray is that none of the inside panels will match. The engine bay, the trunk lining, the doorframes, etc. will all look retarded.

If you want to keep costs in a remotely resonable range (read: under $3k) stick with the same colour. Any other full paintjob for less than that won't be good. And is that kind of money really worth it on cars this old? I think not.

Mitch555
09-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Are you going to do any exterior customizing in the near future?

SebSter
09-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Mitch555
Are you going to do any exterior customizing in the near future?

not planning to, maybe a front lip but not in the near future, why?

808BMW
09-25-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by SebSter
not planning to, maybe a front lip but not in the near future, why?

Because any body modification should really be done before you paint, to avoid having to match colors... If whatever you're doing needs to be painted.