PDA

View Full Version : foglights in 318is

HooliGaN*
09-21-2003, 07:37 PM
ive been planning for a while to install some fogs into my car because of the 1337ness factor:D but i just have two questions what is involved in doing this and how much will it cost?

im sure some u guys have done this just give me some of your feedback after the whole situation.

Julian

HooliGaN*
09-22-2003, 02:58 PM
bumpz0r comon guys i know someone can help me

Miguel
09-22-2003, 07:21 PM
PM Bimmersport, he can help you find them and install them for you.

Adriano
09-25-2003, 03:24 AM
Wireing harness is already there, no need for wiring. Just pop out the covers, install the fogs, plug em in to the harness that is tied up and has covers on them. You will need to buy a fog light switch. PM me when you get a price because I have one extra. Pop out the cover under your light switch and plug in the fog switch. DONE! Install time 15 minutes.

HooliGaN*
09-25-2003, 03:51 AM
u serious its that easy wow
haha
im so getting foglights now

are u going to bimmer cruise adriano

cause maybe i can buy the switch off u then

Julian

WASABI
09-25-2003, 06:02 PM
You might have to buy the brackets too. Not sure if they are already there.

HooliGaN*
09-25-2003, 06:21 PM
ok thanx for the heads up man

Julian

Adriano
09-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by HooliGaN*
u serious its that easy wow
haha
im so getting foglights now

are u going to bimmer cruise adriano

cause maybe i can buy the switch off u then

Julian

I wish I could. Sent you a PM

BMWF1
10-12-2003, 02:35 AM
Correction, 318i has wiring harness inside, 318is has nothing, I looked for about 2 hours and nothing, I went lookin on other forums and found people saying the same thing, NO WIRING HARNESS!!, here is what you need, go to the deal and ask for part numbers:
61 12 9 410 398
61 31 1 388 364
61 31 1 387 054(switch inside the car)
you will also need a 5A Fuse, costs pennies.

search google for 318is fog or wiring and you'll find the step by step, with pics its not to difficult to wire it up if you have the books, but its defently not 15min. To install fogs on 318is the price just went up around 150Can. Sorry bout ur luck but i'm in the same boat.

HooliGaN*
10-12-2003, 04:22 AM
i found the wiring harness for the actual lights
am i gonna b missing the harness for the switch

Julian

BMWF1
10-13-2003, 01:30 AM
Bro, you ain't listening there is NO wiring harness for the Fogs, sure you'll find A wiring harness, ask Adriano I spent 3 hours today trying to wrip the fog light harness out of his roll-over, to put it in my 318is, get a quote for those part numbers and that is your only solution. Unless u want to drive down to windsor and spend a few days taking it out of the roll over, fuk that thing is a bitch

Adriano
10-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BMWF1
Bro, you ain't listening there is NO wiring harness for the Fogs, sure you'll find A wiring harness, ask Adriano I spent 3 hours today trying to wrip the fog light harness out of his roll-over, to put it in my 318is, get a quote for those part numbers and that is your only solution. Unless u want to drive down to windsor and spend a few days taking it out of the roll over, fuk that thing is a bitch

:D :D
Oh common, I thaught that you were having a good time!
Looked kinda fun to me!*wave*

Mystikal
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
I had a shop put in my strobes for me, which is the exact same procedure as fogs. They charged me $40. The owner has an E36 318is, so he knows the cars. PM me for more info.

Adriano
10-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
I had a shop put in my strobes for me, which is the exact same procedure as fogs. They charged me $40. The owner has an E36 318is, so he knows the cars. PM me for more info.

Actually, it is not the same procedure as the fogs. It very easy to just run some wires and throw in a toggle switch but I think that the scope of this thread is to use the OEM factory harnesses and switch. Strobes use very little power and can be run of 24 gu wire. Don't use any less than 16 gu wire or use a relay if you arn't going the OEM rout.*wave*

Mystikal
10-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Adriano
Actually, it is not the same procedure as the fogs. It very easy to just run some wires and throw in a toggle switch but I think that the scope of this thread is to use the OEM factory harnesses and switch. Strobes use very little power and can be run of 24 gu wire. Don't use any less than 16 gu wire or use a relay if you arn't going the OEM rout.*wave*

Okay, well it is thicker wiring. I do not see how this makes it much more difficult. Mount-Wire-Fuse-Wire-Switch. Very simple.