PDA

View Full Version : 'impossible dream' or 'future of reality'?!

BimmerBalla14
09-20-2003, 09:30 AM
aighty, i gots myself an e34 (91 525i...smallest in the 5er fam).i have big...i mean...BIG plans for this car.some friends & fam say its rediculous or pointless, others tell me to go for it.plans include:

4.4L V8 engine swap (or somethin with more options for power) (2.5L I6 stock)
SMG or manual tranny swap(havent decided yet,they both have their +'s & -'s) (4spd auto stock)
supercharger
open headers with straight 3 1/2" piping goin straight to the rear valence (no cat, muffler or resonator)
lower compression pistons (to handle the high psi provided via the s/c)
upgraded valves,cams,crank, whatever is needed to do the job correctly
POSSIBLY nos...not shore about that one...i dont wanna follow in the footsteps of rice rockets
replace the rear diff. to perfectly tune the torque output
stereo system...just enough to sound the way i want,nothin overboard
a few body/appearance mods,inside & out,including the zeemax widebody kit,shaved door handles,new paint(prolly that calypso(SP?)red,iloveit!)and removal of the black trim all the way around,other than that,just things here & there like HID,window tint, re-chrome of chrome trim (itll need it by then lol),etc.
springs,shocks,sway bars,control arms,the works to still make it handle like it should

so,with me understanding there is ALOT of high tech engineering needed (especially with me wanting to keep the 50/50 weight...),not including the time,patience, money,and more time...and more money...and more patience...what do ya think?just another impossible dream of an immature teen that will never pull through...or do ya think my obsession will,in the end,claim victory?

PS:it might help to let ya know what my profession will be:uti,then bmw step,and any other tech skools (auto related) i can get into.

why,do u ask,am i doin this?or atleast have thought about it?well...i hate ricers.i want a kinda sorta new breed of a 'sleeper'.somethin that if i start up in a parking lot, or revv @ a stop light before i crush another import...itll turn heads,and most important of all...provide proof to all that it CAN be done :D pride.yeah,thats what it boils down to...pride and passion.
holy crap,i just realized how much ive typed...wow.im done,haha, sorry for its longliness.

M50E30
09-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Ditch the 4.4L V8 idea. Check out this 447 RWHP E39 Turbo 532i (originally an E39 528i)! This car has been nicknamed "Big Bertha"...the engine is a AA Turbo 3.2L M3 engine. Truly one sweet machine!

http://www.jimmy540i.com/e39turbo.htm

app
09-20-2003, 02:31 PM
PM e34biturbo on bimmerforums.com

He's got his "big red" and it's probably one of the fastest cars in Florida. It's a turbo'd 5 series running near 550 horsies. He can probably tell you how how realistic all your plans are.

T-spec
09-20-2003, 02:43 PM
All I can say is follow yours dreams, If I had a dollar for every time someone told me my ideas where crazy and I couldn't do it.......keep the dream alive, you can do it.*th-up*

crusher
09-20-2003, 04:22 PM
i have to agree with T-spec here. Do whatever makes you feel happy.

Jeff

DAM
09-20-2003, 06:38 PM
smg is a great machine, but it is still an automatic
that is just my opinion
good luck

BimmerBalla14
09-20-2003, 07:11 PM
thanks guys.and about the SMG,i know its still auto,but lord, shift points are .086 seconds apart,and it shifts when YOU want it to...plus i was plannin on (if i even do go w/ smg) puttin in paddle shifters...but the more i think about it, manual sounds better lol

bmwm5lover
09-20-2003, 09:30 PM
creativity its where its at now-a -days.