PDA

View Full Version : Moonroof issues

Stitchy_626
09-05-2003, 02:29 AM
OK, I just bought a 2000 323i. The car is great but after about a week I was having a problem where the sunroof would go like it would close and then bounce back open to half way. I would try closing it again and the same thing would happen for about 2 or 3 times and then it would finally close. I took it to the dealer to get fixed since the car is still under warrante. Of course the problem didn't happen for them. Waited about a week after I brought the car home and it is still doing it. Since the problem didn't happen for them, they said that they cleaned and greased the tracks. Does anyone know what the problemcould be?? Also is it normal for the "service engine soon" light to come on a lot. The dealership told me that if that happens then I just have to take the gas cap off wait about 2 seconds and put it back on and in a few miles the light will go off. Is it normal for it to come on a lot or shouldn't it be doing that?? Any help is greatly appreciated. I am a girl so I don't know too much about cars.*wiggle*

maverick
09-05-2003, 12:08 PM
I HATE THAT have a problem with the car take it in to get fixed and it doesn't do it anymore till you leave and they look at you like your crazy. sounds like it is probably a problem with the switch but electrical problems are hit and miss. Good luck