PDA

View Full Version : All show no go?

suicide
09-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Ok so my suicide doors are almost complete... and i think by winter (Canada its summer now) i would like to throw some go into my 93' E36...

Would like some opionions...

Supercharger?

Turbo:
Single
Twin
Dual 1 big 1 small

N/A

etc..

suicide
09-02-2003, 10:52 PM
also to add..

I want turbo but not sure about the setup.. but if someone wants to argue the turbo then please do..

- D666

djcontra
09-02-2003, 11:58 PM
it all depends on how much you want to spend, and how fast you want to go.
If you want to stay under the $10,000 mark, then go with a supercharger kit. If you can afford more, than definately turbo the car. I've found with turbo kits, there's a lot of added expensive in beefing up the engine internals as well, so keep that in mind before laying down the deposit.

SpudBoy
09-03-2003, 12:04 AM
I'd go Contra...

Torques there when you need it, no waiting.*th-up*

Spud

suicide
09-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Well Custom Turbo setups are like 5-8 k cheaper than anything marketed.. I don't know about Supercharger... its good but a trubo whistle is much better. IMO...

Lag time on a turbo meh... i am not racing.. i just want power..

but what Turbo setup would be the best?

Mitch555
09-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by devil_666
I don't know about Supercharger... its good but a trubo whistle is much better. IMO...

I thought you wanted go over show? So why do you care about the whistling noise the turbo makes? I'd personally go with a Supercharger over a Turbo.

app
09-04-2003, 03:20 AM
If you can afford it, AA turbo's are unparalleled in the industry. Apparently the problem with custom turbo fabricating, is that all the parts you need can generally be made without a problem or purchased with little difficulty. ie: FMIC, custom manifold (get it made), bov, injectors, better fuel pump, etc, but programming the ECU is a nightmare from what I understand.

Yes, you can have AA send you a ecu programmed to your car's specs, but everytime you want to tune it, or change it, you need to reprogram that ecu. Gets a tad expensive.

I'm not familiar with any good ECU tuners around that could do turbo setups.

Oh yeah, and a AA Stage II turbo, will run you 10.5k USD.

djcontra
09-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by app
but programming the ECU is a nightmare from what I understand.

Exactly! That's why I'm leaving the headaches to Mark D'Sylva when my ecu needs to be programmed eventually :D
(i'm sure mark loves doing it though!)

madbeemer
09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
how much does a supercharger run anyway???

Mitch555
09-13-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by madbeemer
how much does a supercharger run anyway???

It all matter what route you want to go with them. You want a cheap one or an AMAZING one?

SickFinga
09-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Mitch555
I thought you wanted go over show? So why do you care about the whistling noise the turbo makes? I'd personally go with a Supercharger over a Turbo.

ewwww, why?

p.s. Contra, do not take it personaly. I think turbo is better.

Mitch555
09-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
ewwww, why?

p.s. Contra, do not take it personaly. I think turbo is better.

I dunno what it was but when I was younger I was around more Supercharged cars than Turbo's and started to like them a lot more since then. Plus there is no lag on the Supercharger.

SickFinga
09-14-2003, 04:34 PM
well SC doesn't really produces good amount of HP at low RPMs either.